If the HUMAN Race is Naturally so Peacefull...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a Christian, I would be very wary of anything Focus did. May be an unpopular view here, but too many "Christian" organizations simply frame the evidence around their side.

I take very little without some bit of skepticism, however, rather than be "wary of anything Focus did," wouldn't it be better to view the material before dismissing it out-of-hand?

I am also a Christian, and likely a member of a congregation (or series of congregations) that tends to be more skeptical of many religious entities, as our beliefs are very Bible-based. That said, The Truth Project is still a compelling video to view.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good and evil (at least in the moral sense), can be boiled down to a simpler litmus test.

Every sin, or moral faux pas of any kind, is defined by selfishness. Lust, greed, gluttony, lying, cheating, etc.

Every "good" or noble act, in almost every religion, is centered on selflessness. Martyrdom, charity, empathy, kindness, acceptance, etc.

Thus, the question becomes, are we naturally selfish? I think the answer is yes. We are driven by primal needs to advance ourselves. We do things at times that are intended for the greater good, but most often we do this to secure the same personal advancement.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You have anything meaningful to add to the discussion or are you just going to sit in the cheap seats and take potshots?

84 percent of the world has a religious affiliation. That's a pretty good indication that humans are built to strive for Godliness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom