If You Like Biscuits...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are those brownie and muffin mixes??

All sorts of stuff...

There's all sorts of stuff. I think most of it's dehydrated but some may be freeze dried...I'm not sure. But there's all sorts of bread/biscuit/muffin/brownie type mixes, pancake batter, fruits, meats, soups, veggies, milk, milk substitute, drink mixes, pasta, eggs... Pretty much anything you can think of. I think most of it's 10 year shelf life...but I'm guessing it'll be fine long, long after that as long as it's stored properly.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are digging this biscuit mix!

Yeah. It's not too bad. I tend to keep the regular stuff in my pantry and rotate thru it. The LTS stuff I pretty much leave alone -- just open one every now and again to try it out. Then if we like it it goes on the list. If we don't I pull it off and don't order more.

I've been using both beans and flour that was not packaged for long term storage and kept in the house (climate controlled, dark room) that is 12-15 years outside the expiration date that has been fine. Same with pastas.

Most canned goods (except anything with acid -- tomatos, pineapple, etc.) get used within 24 months of the expiration date. The acidy stuff I tend to not store more than 6-12 months past the best buy date.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make a mix similar to this for lots and store in Mylar. Edit: I make this self rising with the baking powder and salt.

IMG_2730.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom