If you won the lottery... where would you live???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would sell you a quarter section to you because I would know for sure you would use it in the spirit of hunting and ownership in a heartbeat.

That being said, the history of rich folks from Ca, and other states taking over the west is a common and provable
occurrence. Ted Turner and others like him has just about ruined Montana.

I appreciate that Dennis, but only 160? Yeah, I've heard for years and years about how many Californians are screwing up the places they move to. And I agree that it happens. It's a shame people like me form CA will go look for a home or land and would be told by the realtor to not mention we are from CA. Don't even drive your vehicle around looking for property with your CA tags.

The funny thing is is that our family is probably as much or more conservative with our beliefs that many that live in OK, MT or any other "Red State"

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate that Dennis, but only 160? Yeah, I've heard for years and years about how many Californians are screwing up the places they move to. And I agree that it happens. It's a shame people like me form CA will go look for a home or land and would be told by the realtor to not mention we are from CA. Don't even drive your vehicle around looking for property with your CA tags.

The funny thing is is that our family is probably as much or more conservative with our beliefs that many that live in OK, MT or any other "Red State"

This about conservatives in CA is very true. We are currently living in our RV here in Oregon near Grants Pass in the Southwestern part of the state. While the "state" tends to vote liberal and have liberal ideas, that is largely due to the populations of the largest cities, not the state as a whole. Here in SW Oregon, we saw lots and lots of Trump/Pence signs and bumper stickers during the 2016 election, but dang few bumper stickers and absolutely NO Clinton/Kaine signs. In talking to long-time residents of this area, it is pretty clear that they are conservative.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This about conservatives in CA is very true. We are currently living in our RV here in Oregon near Grants Pass in the Southwestern part of the state. While the "state" tends to vote liberal and have liberal ideas, that is largely due to the populations of the largest cities, not the state as a whole. Here in SW Oregon, we saw lots and lots of Trump/Pence signs and bumper stickers during the 2016 election, but dang few bumper stickers and absolutely NO Clinton/Kaine signs. In talking to long-time residents of this area, it is pretty clear that they are conservative.

Conservatives living in those blue states must be suffering their own kind of hell.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd stay in Edmond or at least on the outskirts. No need for land as the family has 500 acres in the Ozarks.

I'd work another 23 months until I was vested at work then would "retire" then just be a stay at home dad with all debts paid off and just enough left over for us to live on what we make now.

The rest would go to our men's ministry, churches, etc. as we'd never realistically and practically need it. If God blessed us with those winnings, the only way we could pay him back is to bless as many others as we could.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(My county up here in northern CA is a red county, our senator is (R), representatives are (R), etc. Living up here isn't all that bad. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Valley,_Alpine_County,_California ).

I live in OK #1 because my wife is from there as well as my moms entire side has been there since before statehood. Plus I just generally love the place. If I won the lottery it wouldn't really change a thing in my life to be honest. Ive always had money and more money isn't really going to change much in my life. I would rather use the money to complete a dream project of mine that Ive had in my mind the entire 14 yrs Ive lived there and one that I plan on pursuing at retirement or whenever I get tired of traveling for a living. I want to build an entertainment project for kids and adults back home in Wagoner county, Coweta specifically. There is literally nothing for kids or adults to do there. The complex would include a skatepark, a pool, an arcade/game room, and a cool restaurant, etc. Why haven't I done it yet? I ran into roadblocks with the city council and manager when I approached them with my idea in 07'. Big lottery money would help me buy up politicians to get my project approved. Just dreams...

Last edited:

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

all those cucks from LA ruined it for you. There are a lot of conservative folks i know from north cali.

300px-California_Presidential_Election_Results_2016.svg.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom