IHOP Edmond is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Rocky Mountain Grill for the Edmond area but if you really want a good breakfast, adventure up to Guthrie and go to Katie's Diner at 1st and Cleveland. They do biscuit and gravy right. It is my favorite for breakfast since Pioneer Pies closed. I will occasionally go to the Waffle House but it isn't great. Don't waste your time on Cracker Barrel. It isn't worth my time to wait on Neighborhood Jam. Metro is pretty good. Granny's Kitchen is pretty good. Black Bear Diner is mediocre. I also heard that Pepperoni Grill has a good brunch on Sundays.

Has anyone tried First Bite?
Just tried out the Rocky Mountain Grill. Very "Grandpa cooking at the lake house" style diner. CFS was very good, gravy was just ok. Mashed potatoes was just average. The fries though, them puppies could launch a thousand ships to war. I think they dust them with chili powder, but I couldn't quite make out what it was.

I may go back some time just to pick up a few pounds of fries for one of my smoked meat weekends.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to go to IHOP in Midwest City but the place got sort of unsanitary or maybe shop-worn and we quit going.
Every time I go out to eat breakfast somewhere I think, a pound of bacon, dozen eggs, one potato, loaf of bread and viola! Breakfast at home 4-6 mornings for maybe 1/4-1/2 of what eating out cost for one breakfast.
Still nice to eat out sometimes though.
Same with the Jimmy's Egg around the corner from the IHOP in Midwest City. Jimmy's was closed for awhile then opened back up. Some said the closure was due to health code violations. I never thought that they were really great anyway but they seemed to go downhill even more after they reopened.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For breakfast in MWC, we try to go to Boomrang in the same area as Langston's. We've never been disappointed except when inflation hit and prices went up. When I was in the military I inspected clubs and dining facilities and to see some of the unsanitary procedures or conduct today as in Jimmy's Egg in MWC is enough for us to walk out. When someone is cooking, they need to not have their IPhone in hand and talking. The thing has bacteria all over it!
Some folks probably don't care and feel it is insignificant but to us it's a definite walk. I am not paying to become ill, I've done it a few times and it isn't fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom