Im breaking out the ol stickbow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its been looking at me longingly from its spot on the wall.

stay tuned for pics and stories of carnage and amazing hip shots...

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been flinging arrows with my recurve every day for a couple weeks now. I'm not very proficient yet but getting better. McAllister AAP is coming up in early November.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you actually going to go hunting this year?

I briefly thought about getting in the lake arcadia hunt drawing, but I have decent deer a wee bit closer than that. I also got some 411 in on that pronghorn hunt a guy posted.

But yeah, Im thinking something needs to die. Its been a hectic year.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been killing the hell out of my 3d deer with my recurves this summer.

Now if only real deer were stationary and had no senses, and didn't raise my pulse I'd be all set...lol.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been killing the hell out of my 3d deer with my recurves this summer.

Now if only real deer were stationary and had no senses, and didn't raise my pulse I'd be all set...lol.

I'm still at the needing them to stand still for 2 or 3 shots before I kill them. My backyard deer has holes all over it.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been taking the longbows out when I get the chance, which is not nearly as often as I need to. I do love the feel of a string and the thump from a longbow or recurve though.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got a target at Academy tonight, strung up my T/D Sky hunter, dusted off some 2317's and shot my first arrows in 6 years or so. After about 40 or so arrows, I was getting a 6-8" group at 20.
Once I start slapping these arrows up, Ill make the swithc to some lighter, stiffer carbon arrows and have a nice flat arc out to 30 yds.

I have the urge to shoot some 3d, I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom