I'm getting a mouse gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I repeat:
"If you cannot effectively conceal a G26 or a J-frame....you're doing it wrong!"

I agree with you 100% in principle. That being said, a mousegun *might* be a nice gun to carry at a wedding, funeral or such. Can't believe I am saying this, but there are isolated times when I simply can't carry anything as large as a frame. I am at the point where I carry close to 100% of the time.

GLOCKinator

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I would love to carry a G26 I REALLY would, my only issue is that it doesn't seem well suited for pocket carry; it's too bulky. With my clothing style, or if I'm out of the house without a shirt on (i.e. walking my dog in 100 degree heat) I don't possibly see how even an IWB would be an option, it would have to be a pocket holster, right?? Am I looking at this wrong?? I seriously need some ideas with this "carry" thing because I've never carried outside the house (until I get my CCW). So far, I'm set on getting a Ruger LCP (gulp . . . not a Glock) :lookaroun for CCW.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, my G26 and J-Frame are easy to conceal from view. I have no problem with a Sig 228, HK USPc, or even a 1911 with a cover shirt. But on a skinny guy like me it's almost impossible to conceal it from a hugger. I still think a single stack, thin 9mm would have a place for concealed carry.

If the Kel-Tec is out, would a Ruger SR9, Rohrbaugh, or any of the various Kahr (already mentioned) not be of use?

I know you can look this up, but the SR9 is an inch and a quarter thin, and holds 10+1. That's a lot of firepower in it's package.

The Rohrbaugh R9 and variants are considered by many to be the pinnacle of unobtrusive carry.

Next to a P3AT:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=2240024&postcount=52

mdward4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I would love to carry a G26 I REALLY would, my only issue is that it doesn't seem well suited for pocket carry. With my clothing style, or if I'm out of the house without a shirt on (i.e. walking my dog in 100 degree heat) I don't possibly see how even an IWB would be an option, it would have to be a pocket holster, right?? Am I looking at this wrong?? I seriously need some ideas with this "carry" thing because I've never carried outside the house (until I get my CCW). So far, I'm set on getting a Ruger LCP (gulp . . . not a Glock) :lookaroun for CCW.

Smartcarry FTW :D. I wore linen shorts today and strapped it on with the G26 around 9am and took it off about 30 minutes ago (~14 hours). We went everywhere from the Blue Bell factory tour to baseball practice to kids birthdays and it was actually more comfortable (which is saying ALOT) than my IWB MTAC. I even went shirtless for several minutes at our friends house while changing and you couldnt not even tell I had it on. Several times throughout the day I had to make sure it was still there because I had actually forgotten I had it :blush:. If it was a little bit more accessible, I would consider it for everyday use, but it definitely is a major part of carrying my firearm. :twocents:

GLOCKinator

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smartcarry FTW :D. I wore linen shorts today and strapped it on with the G26 around 9am and took it off about 30 minutes ago (~14 hours). We went everywhere from the Blue Bell factory tour to baseball practice to kids birthdays and it was actually more comfortable (which is saying ALOT) than my IWB MTAC. I even went shirtless for several minutes at our friends house while changing and you couldnt not even tell I had it on. Several times throughout the day I had to make sure it was still there because I had actually forgotten I had it :blush:. If it was a little bit more accessible, I would consider it for everyday use, but it definitely is a major part of carrying my firearm. :twocents:

Good info. I'll have to check those out!

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, my G26 and J-Frame are easy to conceal from view. I have no problem with a Sig 228, HK USPc, or even a 1911 with a cover shirt. But on a skinny guy like me it's almost impossible to conceal it from a hugger. I still think a single stack, thin 9mm would have a place for concealed carry.
You really ought to look into the smartcarry option...
I get hugged a lot and never get "made" w/ 2:00 carry.
Since you're front-to-front they aren't getting a chance to feel you up with their hands.

I agree with you 100% in principle. That being said, a mousegun *might* be a nice gun to carry at a wedding, funeral or such. Can't believe I am saying this, but there are isolated times when I simply can't carry anything as large as a frame. I am at the point where I carry close to 100% of the time.
Have you tried tuckable holsters? :anyone:

I've tried a few different models (good ones) but ultimately just went with Smartcarry for those rare times that I need it.

While I would love to carry a G26 I REALLY would, my only issue is that it doesn't seem well suited for pocket carry; it's too bulky. With my clothing style, or if I'm out of the house without a shirt on (i.e. walking my dog in 100 degree heat) I don't possibly see how even an IWB would be an option, it would have to be a pocket holster, right?? Am I looking at this wrong?? I seriously need some ideas with this "carry" thing because I've never carried outside the house (until I get my CCW). So far, I'm set on getting a Ruger LCP (gulp . . . not a Glock) :lookaroun for CCW.

Smartcarry, Smartcarry, Smartcarry.....
As long as you aren't wearing super tight nut-huggers, you can access the gun reasonably well....easier than pocket carry if you dress right.
I'll use it when I'm wearing jogging pants, have to tuck my shirt in, or security checkpoints.
For "patdowns" you'll want it positioned as marketed but otherwise you can position it however you like, including in the same place as you'd normally carry your IWB.
As long as you don't bury it too far down in your pants (or too tight pants) you can draw without too many problems.

I'd much rather carry my regular sidearm in a different holster than either scale down to a wuss gun or pocket carry.
(as long as I can still draw efficiently)

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm a chaplain and I handle weddings and funerals several times a week. I'm constantly hugging and getting hugged. I wear a suit and before I got my Galco shoulder holster system, I carried my S&W 49 in a pocket holster and I have never had someone else feel the gun in that position.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RedTape said:
Someone's got to come out with a light weight, small 9mm soon.
They have, it's called the Glock 26
If that for whatever reason is "too big" then there is another great option in the Kahr K9. :thumb:

Now, there are a handful of people who think that the K9 is "too big" or "too heavy"...I guess for those folks there is the Kahr PM9

Exactly. I don't know how you're going to get much smaller or lighter than the PM. If you got the funds, there's the Rohrbach.

greg1996zz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like mouse guns. They're light, handy and easy to conceal. Frankly, I'm not in a high threat area. Odds are I'm not going to need a gun and the stats I've read indicate that presentation of the gun is enough to stop the encounter. If I need to use the gun I can make solid hits. I know the guys that carry back up guns and wear shoulder holsters over their pajamas will get their dander up, but based on my threat assessment odds are I'll be fine.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm not in a high threat area. Odds are I'm not going to need a gun and the stats I've read indicate that presentation of the gun is enough to stop the encounter.

The reason we even carry is because we know that despite living in a 'low threat' area that violent encounters defy the statistics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom