I'm getting a mouse gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the Ruger LCP and be done with it. Everyone is an internet expert. Get what's right for you. I've got the Glock 26 and the LCP. Either one will work for it's intended purpose. Different situations may dictate carrying different firearms. That's why they make screwdrivers and sockets in different sizes. One size doesn't fit everything.

Those people that don't think a 380 or 22 are large enough calibers are probably lacking in the marksmanship skills that it takes to make them effective. Learn how to make use of what you have at hand.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, I just think you haven't tried hard enough.
I can't think of hardly anyone who cannot carry a j-frame 2:00....there really isn't even enough barrel for it to jam into your leg :anyone:

you would think that... but the J-frame holster i just made for kidney carry for a guy on here was super uncomfortable to me... he loved it and is the same build as me... I couldn't sit down with it though. Kept jabbing my leg. Maybe i wear my pants too low? Most people tell me i wear them too high lol.

She felt the grip on my J-Frame and instantly asked if I was carrying a gun.

the only RIGHT answer to that question is "no baby, i'm just happy to see you!" :)

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On occasions like what you are describing - I carry my LCP in a Nemesis pocket holster and my 642 in a Galco Glove ankle holster. Works great

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those people that don't think a 380 or 22 are large enough calibers are probably lacking in the marksmanship skills that it takes to make them effective..

Not it at all. You can build a house with only a hammer, screwdriver, and a saw. Does that mean they are the best tools for the job? No, but they will work if that's all you have at your disposal.

I'm talking about two identical hits, but using two different calibers. Which one does more damage? 9mm or bigger. I'm not a big bore nut thinking anything without a 4 at the beginning is worthless. I'm just saying that I personally wouldn't carry anything smaller than a 9mm/.38spl. The .380 is better than the .22 mag. Why? Because as much 22lr/22mag as I've used hunting small game, I would never trust a rimfire cartridge to defend my life.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no doubt the 9mm is a better round than the .380. I'm perfectly satisfied with the .38 +p as well. But I haven't found a gun in either of those calibers that can disappear in my pocket like the LCP.

Six rounds of .380 should do the job at a self-defense distance. I know there's no way I'd want to get shot by one. I'll have to do some tests on the .380 once I get one to see how they perform.

Unless, cross your fingers, a decent gun company will come out with a nice, small, affordable, single-stack 9mm. (hint hint Glock.)

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those people that don't think a 380 or 22 are large enough calibers are probably lacking in the marksmanship skills that it takes to make them effective.
Or.....
Maybe they've learned from actual incidents what works better more often.

you would think that... but the J-frame holster i just made for kidney carry for a guy on here was super uncomfortable to me...
Try moving it to a more efficient location.

But I haven't found a gun in either of those calibers that can disappear in my pocket like the LCP.
Since you've already placed yourself at a disadvantage by resigning to pocket carry, then I suppose going one step further and carrying a lesser caliber isn't really a big deal.
Why not simply appendix carry the G26 and call it good? :anyone:

I'll have to do some tests on the .380 once I get one to see how they perform.
Having done that I can tell you that they don't perform as well as the 9mm

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off if the caliber don't start with a 4 and end with a 4 or larger you're undergunned...:nutkick::laugh6: Ok now that the flippant humor is out of the way.

You didn't get made, you allowed somebody to get inside your physical sphere of influnece and safety zone, up until that point she was completely unaware; correct?

If you cared about this person knowing why did you let them get that close? You said she was a friend correct? If so she won't care if she does move on. How many total strangers do you plan on going around hugging?

Chalk this up as a learning lesson. You can also control the hug location keeping the strongside arm low and forward forcing the other person to go high to the shoulder for the hug.

The hug control technique done with both arms is esecially great for getting a girl to reach high giving you the full low hug position with both arms to draw them in close for a kiss as well... Just an FYI

Personally if I trust someone enough to hug I trust them to know I have a gun. I'm a supicious person I guess, but hugs aren't flippant greetings and goodbyes they're a sign of trust for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom