I'm getting a mouse gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savedbygrace

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the guy wants a new gun let im buy a new gun. I'm a 1911 fan through and through nwver thought I would cany any thig less than a 45. an i do love to carry my new agent but more and more especially in 100 degree heat I just put my Kel-Tec 380 with crimson trace in my desaints poket holster and go.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I went to an outdoor wedding for her brother. It was casual dress, so I had my Taurus Millineum on my right hip. We had never even met the brides family, but it turns out they were the "huggy" type. Im sure they thought there was something wrong with me, I kept having to turn and keep my arm straight down by my side...what a pain.

One of these days when I come across a NAA mini I think Im going to have to grab one just for such events.

I found my seecamp for a little more than a naa mini.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off if the caliber don't start with a 4 and end with a 4 or larger you're undergunned...:nutkick::laugh6: Ok now that the flippant humor is out of the way.

You didn't get made, you allowed somebody to get inside your physical sphere of influnece and safety zone, up until that point she was completely unaware; correct?

If you cared about this person knowing why did you let them get that close? You said she was a friend correct? If so she won't care if she does move on. How many total strangers do you plan on going around hugging?

Chalk this up as a learning lesson. You can also control the hug location keeping the strongside arm low and forward forcing the other person to go high to the shoulder for the hug.

The hug control technique done with both arms is esecially great for getting a girl to reach high giving you the full low hug position with both arms to draw them in close for a kiss as well... Just an FYI

Personally if I trust someone enough to hug I trust them to know I have a gun. I'm a supicious person I guess, but hugs aren't flippant greetings and goodbyes they're a sign of trust for me.

Correct. She was unaware the rest of the evening. I really don't have a problem with her knowing. In fact she seemed pretty cool about it and I think I'm going to take her out to a range once it gets below 105 freakin degrees.

It just got me thinking about situations where I'm with a group of people (some friends and some others that I don't know) when I give a friend a hug and they spill the beans to everyone else in the room I'm carrying. Most of my friends know it's no one else's business, but everyone can forget. IMO the less people who know I carry the better.

I do like the Kahr 9mm, but it was noticably larger and heavier than the LCP, enough to give me the same problem as the 642.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found my seecamp for a little more than a naa mini.

I bought one 5-6 years ago in excellent condiotion, slighty used for $300 off of one of the auction sites.(.32acp)
It was a neat little gun but ultimately didn't serve any purpose so I sold it.

RedTape,
You should look into the Smartcarry thing.
They aren't the most accessable for all conditions, but they will work to hide your gun well and you can position them almost any way you like.
I think they have a 60day money back gaurantee so if you don't like it you aren't stuck.:anyone:
I bought one 6-7 years ago and it's proven to be a very useful tool for some times when a regular holster just won't do.....like security patdowns.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RedTape,
You should look into the Smartcarry thing.
They aren't the most accessable for all conditions, but they will work to hide your gun well and you can position them almost any way you like.
I think they have a 60day money back gaurantee so if you don't like it you aren't stuck.:anyone:
I bought one 6-7 years ago and it's proven to be a very useful tool for some times when a regular holster just won't do.....like security patdowns.

I may have to look into that. I held the LCP again. It's a decent looking gun, but it just doesn't feel very...substantial. I much prefer the feel of my J-frame. Someone's got to come out with a light weight, small 9mm soon.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone's got to come out with a light weight, small 9mm soon.
They have, it's called the Glock 26
If that for whatever reason is "too big" then there is another great option in the Kahr K9. :thumb:

Now, there are a handful of people who think that the K9 is "too big" or "too heavy"...I guess for those folks there is the Kahr PM9

mdward4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have, it's called the Glock 26
If that for whatever reason is "too big" then there is another great option in the Kahr K9. :thumb:

Now, there are a handful of people who think that the K9 is "too big" or "too heavy"...I guess for those folks there is the Kahr PM9

I have to agree with this. I was one of those guys :lookaroun that wanted to find the lightest, most compact gun. In fact, I bought the P3AT as my first carry weapon after getting my CCL 3 months ago. Yet, the more research I did, I came to the realization that the mouse gun simply would not cut it :nolike:. I tried many times to justify it, but I kept coming back to the fact that mine or the life of one of my family members could depend on this thing and I want the largest, most reliable firearm that would fit comfortably on my person. I ended up buying a G26 and couldnt be happier. I have not changed the way I dress at all. I went with the MTAC for everyday carry and purchased a smart carry for clothing ensembles that simply dont allow a regular holster. These two rigs fit 100% of my wardrobe and I wear everything from basketball shorts to slacks to jeans. On a side note, I used to love the P3AT but 4 FTFs out of 20 rounds through it during my last range trip has turned me off of it completely. I am seriously considering moving it for something in a larger caliber and more reliable (more than likely a G33 :w000t:). For the record, I would consider myself an intermediate level gun owner, I grew up around guns and I enjoy firearms but my life doesnt revolve around them. Im not trying to convince anyone either way, but simply give you my personal experience and hope you make the decision that is best for you :thumb:.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree with this. I was one of those guys :lookaroun that wanted to find the lightest, most compact gun. In fact, I bought the P3AT as my first carry weapon after getting my CCL 3 months ago. Yet, the more research I did, I came to the realization that the mouse gun simply would not cut it :nolike:. I tried many times to justify it, but I kept coming back to the fact that mine or the life of one of my family members could depend on this thing and I want the largest, most reliable firearm that would fit comfortably on my person. I ended up buying a G26 and couldnt be happier. I have not changed the way I dress at all. I went with the MTAC for everyday carry and purchased a smart carry for clothing ensembles that simply dont allow a regular holster. These two rigs fit 100% of my wardrobe and I wear everything from basketball shorts to slacks to jeans. On a side note, I used to love the P3AT but 4 FTFs out of 20 rounds through it during my last range trip has turned me off of it completely. I am seriously considering moving it for something in a larger caliber and more reliable (more than likely a G33 :w000t:). For the record, I would consider myself an intermediate level gun owner, I grew up around guns and I enjoy firearms but my life doesnt revolve around them. Im not trying to convince anyone either way, but simply give you my personal experience and hope you make the decision that is best for you :thumb:.

I repeat:
"If you cannot effectively conceal a G26 or a J-frame....you're doing it wrong!"

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, my G26 and J-Frame are easy to conceal from view. I have no problem with a Sig 228, HK USPc, or even a 1911 with a cover shirt. But on a skinny guy like me it's almost impossible to conceal it from a hugger. I still think a single stack, thin 9mm would have a place for concealed carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom