I'm glad Mrs. Obama is forcing fruits and vegies onto student's trays....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I asked my daughter about this after seeing it on the news. She said everyone is forced to get one vegetable and one fruit serving with every lunch tray. I told her I'm glad the school is trying to serve a healthy lunch. Her reply, "all the kids are doing is throwing it away, no one wants this stuff forced on them. My friends just eat their pizza and throw the other stuff in the trash"

So, to summarize, the Government has decided to pay more to subsidize the school lunches in order for schools to force these selections, the parents are then forced to pay higher lunch fees to pay for the crap the Government wants forced onto every tray that the kids are throwing away...
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_blink.gif

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked my daughter about this after seeing it on the news. She said everyone is forced to get one vegetable and one fruit serving with every lunch tray. I told her I'm glad the school is trying to serve a healthy lunch. Her reply, "all the kids are doing is throwing it away, no one wants this stuff forced on them. My friends just eat their pizza and throw the other stuff in the trash"

So, to summarize, the Government has decided to pay more to subsidize the school lunches in order for schools to force these selections, the parents are then forced to pay higher lunch fees to pay for the crap the Government wants forced onto every tray that the kids are throwing away...
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_blink.gif

While I agree the government shouldnt be pushing what should be parenting... its downright shameful that some people just let their kids do feck all. All I have to do is count to 2, and my oldest daughter will clean anything on the plate.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Better than forcing them to eat it, I guess? Hey man, I see too many fat kids runnin'....er, waddling around these days. Maybe we could help educate our children that it would be a good decision to eat those veggies, I'm sure they taste better than school pizza. Our's always tasted like crap. I miss living in rural SW OK towns like Apache and Gotebo, man oh man, fry bread and some awesomely flavored ground beef was some good stuff!

How much is a school lunch these days?

MasterMacBayter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off I'm no small guy (6' 255lbs.) but this evening I went to my sons open house for his first year of school and I couldn't believe the size of a few of these kids. I've been heavy for 90% of my life, but these kids are obese. Maybe lunch should be salad and fruits a few days a week in schools. Come to think of it maybe I should try it also. Lol

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off I'm no small guy (6' 255lbs.) but this evening I went to my sons open house for his first year of school and I couldn't believe the size of a few of these kids. I've been heavy for 90% of my life, but these kids are obese. Maybe lunch should be salad and fruits a few days a week in schools. Come to think of it maybe I should try it also. Lol
You'de be surpised how well it works. I've gone from 269 to 245 in 5 weeks simply by shrinking portions and watching what i eat. Was always physically active, but couldnt figure out why I couldnt lose weight.

I think the best solution would be a balance diet and exercise in school.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
$2.50 for HS, $2.40 for middle school and $2.30 for elementary
cost us .25 cents a day, 20 for lunch and a nickle for extra milk, food was pretty good too.

I think its a good thing to put veggies on tray, if the kids are tossin it away they are the ones wasting it, not govt.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I also thought it was weird that the school system has all but eliminated recess time and making the kids go out and get some exercise. I also remember having an hour long class in school PE, I believe, that had us doing something physical everyday. I don't even see this as a class on her schedule. She laughed and said she hasn't taken a class like that in years.. WTH

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, if food is going to be provided regardless, what's wrong with it being healthier? I understand it may cost more, but apparently not much. Pretty sure that's about what I paid in middle school, I know I got two bucks a day for lunch. We had domino's pizza, I think about a $1.25 a slice or something. I didn't eat the cafeteria food.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom