I'm thinking about buying a Hi-Point carbine.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one, it works. I will bring it to Ponca when we come up...

Current update: I guess the pistol didn't make it, or it was forgotten to bring out, but I'm still currently interested in the PMR-30.
I'm not going to pay over MSRP for a used gun though or a new gun for that matter which seems to be the norm on the market now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will bring it up when we have the next shoot at your place. Fun little gun, but I agree, not paying the prices most folk want these days.
The next OSA shoot/greet is always welcome at our range. Nobody ever needs to wonder where the next will be.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was a blast. I had one of the 1st gens in 9mm. It was really Ammo picky, wouldn't run on ball ammo. I finally loaded some truncated bullets with 5 grains of unique. It ran like a top after that. Ended up giving it to my brother.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The Hi-Point 1095 10mm Carbine Review and Mud Test: The Best Pistol Caliber Carbine (For the Money)
TFB TV
Published on Mar 8, 2018

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I was finally able to take a 995 out and shoot it. Had two issues with it but believe it was an early model. The last round hold open basically jams the bolt back and it's a monster to get the slide to drop. The other issue was that the last round in the mag would sometimes catch on the little nub on the follower and end up jamming the round with the back end caught in the front feed lips and the bolt catching it vertically. Started looking around and seems that a few people have had the issue with some of the earlier ones. From my understanding this 995 had never been shot but the people who did have the issue were able to send it back and they were fixed without issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom