Immigrant vets face deportation despite service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No conundrum in my eyes...nor is it a moral delemma.

Follow the rules or suffer the consequences....especially no sympathy for a fella with a dishonorable discharge.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they had no gotten into trouble they would have been made citizens for their service. Sign up for 4-6 years and serve honorably and you get citizenship. They show the ceremony on tv every July 4th.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A dishonorable discharge pretty much wipes out all the good stuff you may have done in the service. He knew the rules and didn't do his part. Sorry, no sympathy here. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I served with several immigrants in my time.
Only had a problem with one, a guy from Greece that went bezerk on our Isolated microwave site 3500 feet up.
No choice but to subdue him and call for a dust off.
All of the others did their time, and got the citizenship....deservedly so.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because they served their country doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable.

That's exactly the point - you can't have it both ways. If it is serving "their" country" then you take the good with the bad. You can't pick and choose - well we will take their positive contributions, but now they are done "serving us" let's just send them back to where they came from. It doesn't, or SHOULDN'T work like that...

Jonny

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah no sympathy here either. If you were dishonorably discharged you lose your right to call yourself a soldier to me. I've actually almost gotten into fist fights over that. Its a discredit to all the good men who died and the ones who have served honorably. I'm not even a big fan of the people that come out with "other than honorable" unless there are really good circumstances.

All it take to get an honorable discharge is go do what you signed up for. And that will get you citizenship.

Latest posts

Top Bottom