Importing a Truck from Canada. Would import taxes kill any savings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a truck in Canada that is about 7k Cheaper than here in the US. It is new. Just curious if the import taxes and such would kill any of that savings.

It is an F150

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a truck in Canada that is about 7k Cheaper than here in the US. It is new. Just curious if the import taxes and such would kill any of that savings.

It is an F150

I haven;t been around the Border for a long time, but 20+ years ago you had to convert the speedometer to miles. It was very expensive. I know at that time some people who lived near the Border and had family in Canada kept them registered in Canada because of the cost. Some also were arrested by the Hi-Po and that cost is very high.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How old is it? I was under the impression that importing of vehicles <25 years old was quite a hassle to downright impossible for the average joe. There is a cottage industry of bringing in Cruisers, Rovers, Patrols, G-Wagens, etc for overlanding and collecting that depends on finding them past that age mark.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How old is it? I was under the impression that importing of vehicles <25 years old was quite a hassle to downright impossible for the average joe. There is a cottage industry of bringing in Cruisers, Rovers, Patrols, G-Wagens, etc for overlanding and collecting that depends on finding them past that age mark.
Is just a digital screen. You can switch to both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom