Increased ATF Agent Contacts and requirements to obtain an FFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had heard the same thing from one of my regular vendors. The law allows for private sale of firearms in Oklahoma. The ATF is cracking down on some folks that are buying and selling used firearms as a business without a having a FFL.

There's some of them out there, they hide behind the hobbyist status though and go prove it which really does hurt us all in the end.

I won't buy from an individual if I think that may be going on.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better do what they say or you will disappear in the night. LOL. Seriously, they can't do anything but hassle you. You have not broken fed or OK law. This is a perfect example of why I never sell guns. If I did I would get thr purchasers name and other info.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had heard the same thing from one of my regular vendors. The law allows for private sale of firearms in Oklahoma. The ATF is cracking down on some folks that are buying and selling used firearms as a business without a having a FFL.
More than a few on here that I see selling regularly that I'm pretty sure don't have ffl's

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait, the ATF is now encouraging hobbyists to get an FFL? Seems I remember them driving a metrci ton of hobbyists out of the FFL game when Clinton was in charge.

I buy & sell a lot, but it's never for profit (trust me, I hear about that from my wife). Even with the ability to order stuff at dealer pricing, it wouldn't make sense for me. The turnover is just improvements to my collection. Fortunately, I've never been contacted on a Trace from ATF.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A few years ago. a whole bunch of people, who were selling guns at Claude Hall's shows, received letters to the effect that they should cease and desist or get a license. A lot or rumors were floated, as to what the source of info was. Most likely was that a jealous FFL ate cheese. Respectfully. the best thing you can tell an ATF agent, is as little as possible, Sir, and with a smile. One told me, while inspecting my books once, that he came across a lot of FFLs with really bad attitudes. He went on to say that the ATF could make things very unpleasent if they so desire. The darndest thing is they do it with your (tax payer) money, so their resources are unlimited.

Latest posts

Top Bottom