Home insurance increase.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the money that the insurance companies have had to pay out this year I expected a increase for them to recoup but it's a little bigger than what I expected and I personally didn't have any claims.....I've been with Farmers for forty years and my increase over last year is $1008.12.

Anybody else seeing a increase in home owners insurance ?

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check with them to see how much they are insuring your home for (if a full replacement would be needed). A lot of times they over insure homes and the cost of replacing it just to bring in that extra coverage cost. It's a business so they have to make a profit. But if you feel like you are over insured, you can always adjust by calling them.
Ebs and flows....

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one pop up $1680 this fall (yearly), biggest house in my corral. I think it's because of housing values jumping along with the cost of materials and payouts for idiots burning their houses down when they can't pay the mortgage. The insurance guy said it was because of more claims in the area. One house down the street from it blew up from a gas leak and had to be entirely rebuilt.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a big increase. So much that we are using a different underwriter. Vehicle insurance went up too. We got hit with both big hail storms in 2021. Have never had a vehicle or house claim ever. Had 2 on the house and 4 on vehicles that year.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a big increase. So much that we are using a different underwriter. Vehicle insurance went up too. We got hit with both big hail storms in 2021. Have never had a vehicle or house claim ever. Had 2 on the house and 4 on vehicles that year.
If you never have a house claim, you're missing out on recovering some of that dough.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had our home insurance increase the value of our home. It’s increased in value about 50% or more since pre-pandemic cost. Our premium only went up a few hundred bucks a year.
They’ll probably review it in n the next couple months and decide they need to put the screws to us.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine went up $1500, did some switching around things and got the increase to
$1000. They are telling me it is because of the age my roof. Had my roofing
Company come and do an inspection, inside and out. No problems, he made a
Letter saying so. Installed the best materials 13 years ago. The insurance is basically
Trying to force me to replace the roof on my dime by jacking my price. Maybe I can
Just redo it every couple years with the cheapest shingles I can find, would still
Be cheaper than there increases. Its all a highway robbery racket anyway.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
City raised our valuation 25%. Taxes went up 40%. They wouldn't lower the value, but heard what I had to say. I made sure they weren't happy.

Mom had Farmers for 50+ years. No claim for 30 years, after moving here. Hail tore up roof. They refused to pay, said damage was due to maintenance issue.
2 years later, water heater leak. Again, no pay due to maintenance issues.
I canceled insurance, told agent because of maintenance issues. Put premium amount in a maintenance account. Since then, I have replaced the A/C and a water heater. Money in the account.
2 houses paid for, I'll take the gamble.

When car insurance was mandated, the industry went to crap. Same with medical, when Odumbass Care was shoved down our throats.

Biggest rip off ever devised. Like the Unions, started for the right reasons, but bastardized by greedy bastards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom