Inherited firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
on a side note, I know a guy who sold a gun his grandpa gave him to a pawn shop for drug money. Grandpa found out and went and bought the gun back and gave it to druggies brother. Jeez, the lows some people will go to....

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get it either, I got 4 guns from my Grandpa, and the only place they will be going is to my son and daughter god willing. They are the only ones I will not even consider selling, hell most of them arn't worth enough for me to bother selling, but that Colt Official Police and Winchester 72a .22 are 2 of my most prized possesions. I love to put some ammo through them.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My parents or grandparents didn't like guns or have any. But I am going to give mine to my son in the future. Hopefully years from now. lol.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad didn't have the same taste as me, nor did he use his firearms the way I do. Firearms have nothing to do with the memories I have of my father. That said, I still have everything that he left to me.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my fathers only weapon, a very old 16 Guage single shot; hasn't been shot since probably 1961 or earlier. Since he never used it, it really has no real attraction to me but I've had it for over 30 years. I have considered selling it but I know it has no real value, it just takes up space in my safe.

As for my collection, my son is not a fan of guns but my daughter is; she'll get her choice of whatever she wants and she can decide what to do with the rest (along with the Mrs.)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have sold a few I inherited for the simple reason that when I die, any that get passed on to anybody but my wife WILL be sold for drug money. I would much rather sell to someone I know will appreciate them. Now I do have a few that I just can not bring myself to part with even though I know what will happen. Those are the firearms my father and grandfather shot a lot.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sold a few I inherited for the simple reason that when I die, any that get passed on to anybody but my wife WILL be sold for drug money. I would much rather sell to someone I know will appreciate them. Now I do have a few that I just can not bring myself to part with even though I know what will happen. Those are the firearms my father and grandfather shot a lot.

Hope for some clean grandkids that'll appreciate them. That's a tough spot Rick.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could see what kind of guns my great grandpa had. My great aunts have them if they havent sold them in the 20 years since he's passed. My grandpa gave me most his guns.....except the first gun i ever fired, that was a stevens double barrel .410, his LNIB S&W model 28 no dash 4 inch and his stevens semi auto .22.

Latest posts

Top Bottom