Inherited firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basically I would agree with you, but some folks just don't put any special value on stuff like that. Plus, some people just are not comfortable with firearms, in which case it's probably the safe thing to do.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because most of these damned kids nowadays see an old rusty Smith & Wesson revolver or a Colt 1911...two of the most popular (maybe the only) carry guns back in the day. These members of today's "ME" generation don't care about rusty old irons. They want the latest and greatest plastic wonder-nine that holds 20 rounds of super destroyer, uranium tipped manstoppers.

Not some rusty, heavy, old fashioned wheelgun that only holds six (or God forbid, five) shots. They don't care about old world craftsmanship and weapons being made with pride, one at a time, by an old man, with rough, calloused hands, in a leather apron, sitting at his workbench. No, they wanna load it up and spray down the entire area with as much lead as they can. :rolleyes2

Damned kids. :grumble:

JW/OK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because most of these damned kids nowadays see an old rusty Smith & Wesson revolver or a Colt 1911...two of the most popular (maybe the only) carry guns back in the day. These members of today's "ME" generation don't care about rusty old irons. They want the latest and greatest plastic wonder-nine that holds 20 rounds of super destroyer, uranium tipped manstoppers.

Not some rusty, heavy, old fashioned wheelgun that only holds six (or God forbid, five) shots. They don't care about old world craftsmanship and weapons being made with pride, one at a time, by an old man, with rough, calloused hands, in a leather apron, sitting at his workbench. No, they wanna load it up and spray down the entire area with as much lead as they can. :rolleyes2

Kinda what I was thinkin' - you sure have a way with words!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Look at the bright side. Those guns will hopefully make it into the hands of gun enthusiasts who appreciate those fine old weapons.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will inherit few firearms, maybe only one, and that one will never voluntarily leave my possession. It was my grandpa's gopher pistol and when I get it it'll go right beside his pocket knife that grandma already gave me. Neither of them are worth much of anything to anybody else (outside of my Dad) and yet not a man on this planet has enough money to buy my grandpa's pocket knife or his pistol. LOL

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two years ago, mom called me and said, "your dad and I are making out our wills. What do you want?"

I told her, "dad's Smith & Wesson revolver and your Browning .25."

She said, "ok...what else?"

I told her, "that's it."

There was a longer discussion about other things that I was entitled to, but I won't bore you with all that ********. :disappoin

That Christmas (I think it was 2009) dad presented me with his Smith & Wesson Victory model .38 Special. The damned thing probably ain't worth 200 bucks to a stranger, but it is my most prized possesion and is priceless.

Mom wouldn't give me her Browning. "I ain't dead yet" was her excuse.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm at the point that I need to make disposal plans for my firearms. Trying to figure out a plan - I think I will ask my kids if they would rather have the guns or the money they will bring. Planning to get a table at a fall gun show to sell some stuff and I can put those guns on the table for anyone that would rather have the money. Before that I would offer them on OSA. I would rather sell them for current value than have someone steal them later for a lowball price.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom