Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandpas were in the Army, from what I understand I can get USAA based off of them being in the service. I just don’t know what I would need to have to show proof they were in. And I don’t even know if it would be cheaper.
When I signed up with USAA the qualifying question was as such; Were you, a spouse, parent, grandparent, sibling or child a member of the armed forces.
Me: Yup l, grandpa was in the Ar…
USAA: Wonderful you qualify, thank you for supporting our service men and women.

More opinions on USAA:
You always have to talk to a computer first. They prefer to work with you via their app. Otherwise good American customer service when you do get to a human. Quick with claims. Easy to work with for the most part.
When I first signed up with them 10 years ago they were competitive but now with regular increases I feel the need to shop around.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m fixing to get a quote myself. My sister gave me info for a company called Premier Insurance. They have an office in Edmond and Wynnewood. Her agent is in Wynnewood. She had some roof damage and they fixed it without any problems. The adjuster was great. About Premier Insurance in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Premier Insurance.

I have State Farm for everything including a life insurance policy on my wife besides the one she has at work and my homeowners policy is going up to $3168! It’s going up $500. Flat out ridiculous.
Premier is just an agent. I’m pretty sure it is not an insurance company. They still have to shop the market to place Oklahoma policies.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was $1500 when I bought my house 6 years ago. It will be $6k at renewal with no claims. Also getting moved from 1% ARV policy to 2% ACV policy. Roof is less than 7 years ago. That said, 405 Insurance Advisors has always done great for me and shopping my policy now.
To be fair, when you upgraded the house to have solid gold fixtures and your landscaping done with moonrocks then it does drive the replacement cost for the house up ;)

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a search for 'independent agent' and got a few hits but not many names, sent a PM to a member but so far that's it.
Anyone have an agent recommendation for a home/auto quote?
I've given Farmer's enough money.

Thanks.
I go with a broker instead of a single company. I tell the broker what I want, they put it out on the bid board and all insurance companies will bid on it and you choose the lowest company.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the Agency/Broker in the Oklahoma City area that is supposed to help Credit Union members find better deals on insurance? That may be an option if you are member.

David

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have had zero claims in the life we owned our policy with USAA.
They almost doubled in the last few years in a bundled policy.
Our independent agent suggested North Star. Dropped our policy by a thousand dollars a year.
A month after joining, had an minor fender bender, they paid right off with just pics from my phone. The body shop estimate was in the ball park.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Premier is just an agent. I’m pretty sure it is not an insurance company. They still have to shop the market to place Oklahoma policies.
Premier is just an agent. I use them myself and they are great. You talk to them about your wants or requirements and they shop lots of different insurance companies. Andi is my agent and shes great, out of the Edmond office. I'd always recommend them.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update...
After talking with 3 or 4 independent sales reps, those mentioned in this thread, I'm staying with Farmer's but not out of love. Nobody was able to get me an overall cost that would be worth the switch, my roof was a bit of a factor in that as well. I had at least two folks never get back to me after taking my info, best guess is they were going to be worse than what I currently pay.

So no luck on my end finding a more reasonable insurance cost this year. Between insurance and taxes this year, feels almost like another house payment.

Regardless, thanks for your suggestions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom