Interesting Ron Paul video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Israel is the 51st and favored state of the US based upon a myth in a worthless book. London decided how things would be decades ago having probably never gotten over losing the colonies. Payback?
Okay. We get it. You don't believe the bible. Can you tone down the anti-religious ranting for a minute?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it not concern any of you guys that aren't RP fans that every other candidate has a hard-on to start another war with Iran? WMD, imminent threat, didn't we learn something over the past 9 years?

One thing about RPs stance on war is that he would actually go through the constitutional process of declaring war instead of these open ended, "low intensity conflicts".

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to do. My gut tells me to not trust Romney, definitely don't like Obama but that looks like what our choices are gonna be.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
and where does the money come from? Two donors to the tune of $48 million and $13 million respectively.

http://original.antiwar.com/smith-grant/2011/08/09/does-aipac-have-only-two-major-donors/

my point being is that the likes of pat robertson under the guise of the christian cult using a book of myths, fables and superstitions has persuaded rational human beings into believing that if the us supports israel, the us will be blessed by the christian god.

Amen!!!!! :)

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was busy defending the planet from giant robots from outer space last night (Don't believe me? Watch Transformers and you'll see that it's a core competency of the USAF), this conversation certainly took an interesting turn. Here are some points that haven't been considered.

1. AIPAC is actually ranked by Fortune as being the SECOND most powerful lobbyist group in the US. This may sound like a minor quibble, but it always helps demonize someone when you claim that they are the MOST powerful member of a group consisting of members that is generally disliked. Not many people have positive opinions of lobbyists, so calling someone the MOST powerful lobbying group is bound to foster resentment. When said target (AIPAC) isn't the most powerful (or even if the point is arguable), the presentation of such a claim as factual is ill informed at best and deliberately deceptive at worst.

2. You ask "where does ALL THE MONEY come from?" and throw out a total like $61 million???? The AARP, (who in virtually every survey comes out as the actual most powerful lobbying group in the US) had an annual budget of $800 million in 2007. $61 million is small potatoes compared to that behemoth. The real power of AIPAC, as pointed out by the first linked article, is in its ability to generate massive amounts of votes. Could it garner such a huge amounts of votes with such a small budget (comparatively speaking) if millions of people in the US didn't vote their convictions? AIPAC, like any other lobbyist group, wields the power of large numbers of American voters. If you don't like it, that's fine, not everyone likes the NRA either.

3. To defame someone's religion by calling their beliefs mythical, absurd, superstitious, or worthless flies in the face of what our founding fathers believed and fought for. Shame on you for crying "LIBERTY" while insulting millions of people for exercising theirs.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two other well-established translation sources confirm that Ahmadinejad was referring to time, not place. The version of the October 26 2005 speech put out by the Middle East Media Research Institute, based on the Farsi text released by the official Iranian Students News Agency, says: "This regime that is occupying Qods [Jerusalem] must be eliminated from the pages of history."

Because erasing someone from time is so much better than erasing them geographically??

Eliminating Hitler from the pages of history didn’t include “wiping Germany off the map”

How was hitler erased from the pages of history? The history books I read in school had plenty to say about the guy. Maybe someone should inform the history channel to stop airing programming about Hitler as he's been "erased from history".

Also, when Ahmadinejad refers to a Zionist regime, his contention is that he does not recognize the NATION of Israel as legitimate. To read some of this charmer's remarks, to include comparing a sovereign nation to a cancer or a transplanted kidney (among other great statements including the statement that capitalism is in decay) feel free to click here.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can't have others drop out of the race. It will give too much momentum to Ron Paul. At least that's what Kristol pretty much says here. At least they're honest. Dare not question the media and their questionable tactics though... Because that would only lead to a possible conspiracy and those don't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
3. To defame someone's religion by calling their beliefs mythical, absurd, superstitious, or worthless flies in the face of what our founding fathers believed and fought for. Shame on you for crying "LIBERTY" while insulting millions of people for exercising theirs.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human invention set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Latest posts

Top Bottom