Interesting Ron Paul video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because erasing someone from time is so much better than erasing them geographically??

How was hitler erased from the pages of history? The history books I read in school had plenty to say about the guy. Maybe someone should inform the history channel to stop airing programming about Hitler as he's been "erased from history".

Also, when Ahmadinejad refers to a Zionist regime, his contention is that he does not recognize the NATION of Israel as legitimate. To read some of this charmer's remarks, to include comparing a sovereign nation to a cancer or a transplanted kidney (among other great statements including the statement that capitalism is in decay) feel free to click here.

Ahmadinejad was quoting a from a speech given by Khomeni before, and misquoted it. Then it was mistranslated. But we still go with “wipe Israel off the map” because it’s good for warmongering.

By the way I understand the translations, it alludes to “eliminating the regime from making history”, or from continuing to make history. That’s also what I meant by the Hitler analogy. The History Channel sucks, by the way.

Whether he thinks they’re a “cancer” or not, it still doesn’t confirm that he wants to nuke Israel. Let Israel handle their business. It’s not our problem, and I have no desire to sacrifice one American life to their defense. They have an arsenal of nuclear weapons, and capable armed forces. Can’t we stay out of it for a change?

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human invention set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

I agree with that and I'm a Christian. I've defected from the mainstream segment though so I'm a bit more liberal in my thinking and approach.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3. To defame someone's religion by calling their beliefs mythical, absurd, superstitious, or worthless flies in the face of what our founding fathers believed and fought for. Shame on you for crying "LIBERTY" while insulting millions of people for exercising theirs.

Err...the founding fathers criticized religion, like, all the time. Jefferson, Madison, Paine, Franklin, Adams...all had pretty radically dissenting views from the norms of the time, and weren't shy about it.

They skipped that part when I attended Oklahoma public schools, too.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Err...the founding fathers criticized religion, like, all the time. Jefferson, Madison, Paine, Franklin, Adams...all had pretty radically dissenting views from the norms of the time, and weren't shy about it.

They skipped that part when I attended Oklahoma public schools, too.

Why do you think they skipped that part? This is a subject of interest to me as well. Maybe thread-worthy.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anything is possible. A few years ago, I never would have told you I'd be where I am now as far as my spiritual journey goes.

At the age of 5 my parents were "saved". I got dragged to a christian church every Sunday morning, evening, and mid-week for indoctrination. At the age of 18 I'd had enough of that BS and rejected all religion as nothing but fearmongering. For a good understanding of Deism, read Age of Reason by Thomas Paine. Deism isn't religion, it's simply philosophy. Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, George Washington, Ethan Allen and many other Founders were notable Deist.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At the age of 5 my parents were "saved". I got dragged to a christian church every Sunday morning, evening, and mid-week for indoctrination. At the age of 18 I'd had enough of that BS and rejected all religion as nothing but fearmongering. For a good understanding of Deism, read Age of Reason by Thomas Paine. Deism isn't religion, it's simply philosophy. Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, George Washington, Ethan Allen and many other Founders were notable Deist.

Interesting. Yeah, I don't know how but it took me most of my life to realize the Christian God was a schizophrenic as he loved us more than he loved our own children but could torture us forever for not being a bad person but because we have this idea or lack of an idea within our head.

But apparently, that's reasonable to some. :anyone:

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Interesting. Yeah, I don't know how but it took me most of my life to realize the Christian God was a schizophrenic as he loved us more than he loved our own children but could torture us forever for not being a bad person but because we have this idea or lack of an idea within our head.

But apparently, that's reasonable to some. :anyone:

My mother still is pissed off at me to this day for rejecting baby jesus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom