Invisible Children/Kony 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does everyone think about this movement going around Facebook.
Here is a link to the Stillwater chapter. http://www.facebook.com/events/198037853635447/?ref=ts

And here is a 29 minute video made by the Invisible Children founder.

I've read the use donated money questionably. It also does sound like a propaganda/paper movement that will grow popular just because of its "hip" nature.
Just wanted to know the opinion of the good people here.

Last edited by a moderator:

copeje

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"IF" everything in the video is true, than I agree 100% that he needs to be stopped. Those kids can't defend themselves and after having kids, anything terrible that is happening to children really hits home for me. However, I have not had a chance to research the claims in the video.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LRA's been around for about 25 years. I guess going after a Christian extremist group isn't high on anyone's priority list. I just don't see it being as popular as going after Muslims...

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man this stuff gets around fast! I just heard about it today. My friend just watched it. I didnt watch the entire video. I think Kony seems like a pretty bad guy and im glad that private citizens are doing something about it but i dont think the govt should.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun control at work.
http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/uganda
Looked up Ugandan gun laws and they are very restrictive. Although an AK is estimated at 86 USD.
I would imagine if you had 20 villagers armed with AKs, the villages would be a little safer.
Maybe Invisible Children could pay some companies or groups of people to kill Kony instead of getting a bunch of pimply teens to put posters all over America.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Kony was muslim instead of "christian" then this story would get no traction whatsoever, in fact the only reason that it is popular is because it is about "evil christians". Hell, we can't even state the FACT that we are at war with islamic extremists all around the world right now.

I don't see anyone creating or following a movement to rid Africa of the people that follow twisted "muslim" faith, which amounts to butchering their own people like this Kony water pouch.

Bottom line, I don't donate money to causes worldwide and will not until the children of THIS country have full stomachs and a warm place to sleep and it makes me sick that the United States donates (at taxpayer expense) food and medicine to the UN to send to countries where people hate us and our way of life. Nature has been trying to take its course in that continent for decades now through famine and disease and we should just let it happen. Its always some religion, tribal issue or whatever excuse that people on that continent use to kill each other in mass numbers.

On a side note I'm speaking of the people that live in Africa, not African Americans. I just want to make that crystal clear before some jacka$$ tries to put words in my mouth.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first problem is that Kony isn't operating in Uganda any more. No one is sure exactly where he is.

The second problem is that the Ugandan military is pretty much corrupt.

The third problem is that military intervention - even just 100 people - isn't the answer here.

I've been sending out three links to everyone I know who tries to jump on that bandwagon.

Apparently all the responses are hitting a nerve with IC.[/url

I've got a few more links if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom