iPad Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Best Buy has the iPad 2 32G w/ATT for $629
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple&#...lack/1918229.p?id=1218302813040&skuId=1918229

Apple Store has the same for $729
http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/new_ipad

Is buying from Apple store worth the $100 extra?

You're comparing apples to oranges...
Its not the same.... The one from best buy that you linked is the Ipad 2. the one from apple is the new ipad (ipad 3 as some refer). If you look, best buy will have the new ipad (ipad3) for the same price as the apple store. So the question you have to ask at this point is it worth the extra 100 for the new ipad vs the ipad2. 100% the screen is amazing and you can get 4g on the new one, Which i believe you can't on the ipad 2. The extra hundred for the new I pad is worth it...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a netbook, and the Atom processors they generally use are not the most responsive things. When running an application (like Firefox) on top of the OS (Windows, for example), they can get pretty damn slow.

The tablet (be it an iPod or whatever) is running a device-optimized OS (which doesn't need to be burdened with things like driver support, printers, and the other crap that comes with an OS that runs on Netbooks up to servers) with lighter weight applications. Stand by power is much longer. The touch screen is convenient for using on the go (no touchpad, track pad, mouse, etc.). They charge using a simple USB cable, like the iPhone and iPad, so they can be charged off any usb charger (be it another computer, wall outlet, car outlet) rather than a proprietary AC adapter .

For casual, "on the go" use, I much prefer a tablet. I use an iPod touch myself, since it is pocketable.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the newest iPad on AT&T, and as much storage as you can afford. The screen, LTE, camera, etc make buying the new version ideal over the iPad 2. I sold my iPad 2 and got the new version, and it is incredible. I did quite a bit of research ahead of time, and AT&T came out ahead of Verizon in almost every case

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. I'm not sure what kind. My wife bought it or me Christmas of 2010 and it was already set up when she gave it to me.

I love it. Extremely handy and easy to use.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the newest iPad on AT&T, and as much storage as you can afford. The screen, LTE, camera, etc make buying the new version ideal over the iPad 2. I sold my iPad 2 and got the new version, and it is incredible. I did quite a bit of research ahead of time, and AT&T came out ahead of Verizon in almost every case

Not in Tulsa where bulbboy they don't. AT&T markets 4G here but what they really have is HSPA with enhanced backhaul, True LTE will smoke that every time.

Other than that yeah the retina display on the 3 is really nice and as much storage as possible especially if you are going to load much media on it. Skip the 16 and get the 32 or 64.

Personally I still prefer the wifi and a hotspot myself. FaceTime will not run on your data plan, but when hooked to a hotspot it runs just fine.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bettingpython said:
Not in Tulsa where bulbboy they don't. AT&T markets 4G here but what they really have is HSPA with enhanced backhaul, True LTE will smoke that every time.

Other than that yeah the retina display on the 3 is really nice and as much storage as possible especially if you are going to load much media on it. Skip the 16 and get the 32 or 64.

Personally I still prefer the wifi and a hotspot myself. FaceTime will not run on your data plan, but when hooked to a hotspot it runs just fine.

Weird, I figured Tulsa would be LTE like OKC. I'm sure the rollout will hit Tulsa, soon.

Man, you guys blowing through your data plans blows my mind. I've never even come close to my 3GB limit. I guess that's because I download my content ahead of time while on broadband. I only stream Netflix when on wifi. I mainly use my LTE for Internet browsing, checking email, and scoring baseball games when I'm out of wifi range

Latest posts

Top Bottom