iPhone 4 cases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know or have experience with the Magpul phone cases? Looks like an iPhone 4 is in my future. I like the Magpul but is it as good as the Otter Box, etc. Thanks JKeith aka Foggy

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, its not as good as an otterbox. It's better than nothing, but offers no screen protection. My phone was ran over, face down in an otter box, by my wife, in her 08 Ford Edge. My phone still looks new. Had it not had an otter box, the screen would have been smashed. The otter box has a lip that runs around the edge, so the face never came in contact with the ground. I wiped the tire marks off the case, and it still looks like new too.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using a Magpul case for my iPhone4 since they came out. I like it myself, but I'm not hard on phones, I treat it like the electronic item that it is. The Magpul case is nice and thin, easy to get out of your pocket. Hard to beat for $10. But, if you are the kind of person that is hard on phones, drops it a a lot, throws it around, etc., you might be better off with a bulkier more expensive case like the Otter Box.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?118865-Any-one-use-MAGPUL-field-case

I got one and really like it. The otterbox is about 6x more in price, but you get what you pay for. Ive dropped my iphone in the mud with the magpul case on and I just wiped the mud off of it after it sat there for 3 hours. It works fine. LOL If you are clumsy though I would go with the otterbox. Just my .02

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not as good as an otterbox, but not nearly as bulky either. I had one on my 3GS and loved it. I wish one would fit on my 4S.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen them as low as 15-20 online. Can't remember the site though...Since my kids use my phone to watch movies and stuff, its worth the protection.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the otter box is the only way to go. I've never even taken my 3s out of it's case will be upgrading to a 4s soon and will deffinattly be buying the otter box. I'm terribly tough on phones but surprisingly have had not one issue with my iPhone with the otter box. Now my first iPhone 3 yeah I learned the hard way that a shell protector with no screen protection is about as useful as a ball bat at a gun fight.

lump

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 4s in a magpul case - it has been fantastic, but it does not protect nearly as well as an otterbox would. It is significantly less bulky and only $10.

Latest posts

Top Bottom