iphone 6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be one of the two. I'm hoping that Apple comes out with something similar to the MS Surface that runs on OSX which would be full featured, kinda like a Macbook Air chopped down and modular. With SSD I can only imagine how awesome it would be. They could drop their entire iPad line and replace it with these.

I've got a MBP with retina and SSD. In fact, the SSD is what pushed me over the edge for the retina model. It's quick and the OS is stable.

It would be cool to have touch screen capability but there are still some things much easier to do with a real computer and mouse/keyboard. I like having the iPad for casual browsing and such but it has enough quirks that I really like my MBP better if doing anything of significance.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a MBP with retina and SSD. In fact, the SSD is what pushed me over the edge for the retina model. It's quick and the OS is stable.

It would be cool to have touch screen capability but there are still some things much easier to do with a real computer and mouse/keyboard. I like having the iPad for casual browsing and such but it has enough quirks that I really like my MBP better if doing anything of significance.

That's the cool thing about the Surface, it has an actual keyboard that goes with it. You can use it as a tablet or somewhat like a notebook. If Apple had a similar device like it running real OSX it could do real work and be an iPad too. My daughter has a Surface and an Apple version of it could be a "game changer" of typical Apple proportion!

Edit to add:

This is why the Surface Pro 3 acts as a real sweet spot for many users seeking a portable and productive device. For example, I as a student could use the Surface Pro 3 to write essays, take notes via a stylus, view textbooks, multitask, and enjoy entertainment when I want. Pair that idea with a nice case that can store a few old fashioned pieces of paper when necessary, and my whole day can be centered around one portable device without the need of even a backpack. On an even greater extreme, I could buy a dock for work or home and slide in the tablet to be a desktop PC.

Source

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I was talking to my sister who wanted me to come over and fix her HP touchscreen notebook running Win 8 that just about 1 year old. I asked her how my niece's Macbook Pro was that she bought used off of fleabay about 2 years ago was working. This is about what happened -----> :brick:

Latest posts

Top Bottom