Irrational Gun Pet Peeves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Assault rifle is a legitimate classification of a firearm. It's a select-fire rifle firing an intermediate rifle-caliber cartridge. It comes from the German Stg-44, where Stg stands for sturmgewehr, literally "assault rifle."
Semiautomatic assault rifle is an oxymoron. It is not possible to be both semiautomatic and an assault rifle.
Semiautomatic assault weapon is just word salad. That phrase has no meaning, it's just words strung together.
Reckon how many folks that use the term assault rifle are referring to the German STG-44 or anything else that is select fire?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I call'em magazines. I dont care if you call it a clip. Many Soldiers and Marines called them clips through Vietnam.

True, but how many of those soldiers in Nam were trained by instructors who got their firearms training shooting en bloc clip loaded M-1 Garands?

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you feel safer in out door ranges where there are generally set up just like the indoor ranges only maybe no barriers or little to no range control.
Any range can get you shot has zero to do with in or out of doors.
My G20 was hitting the fellow in lane 12 ,I was in lane 8. So I stepped back to fix the issue and he no longer caught my hot brass. Also stepped up the slide return spring to tame that 10mm full power ejection flight!!

But by all means don't use in door ranges, free world, but I shoot Sunday mornings whether it be 9 degrees out or 99!!Just saying LOL :cool::tounge2:

The range I go to each bay is separated by 15-20 ft berms and are at least 30 ft wide for the 25 yard ranges and 50 ft wide for the 50 yard ranges. They do have some that are side by side like indoor ranges but I don't use those. The only time I have someone within 30 ft of me is when I go with a friend. So no, I don't have to worry about the bay next to me.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The range I go to each bay is separated by 15-20 ft berms and are at least 30 ft wide for the 25 yard ranges and 50 ft wide for the 50 yard ranges. They do have some that are side by side like indoor ranges but I don't use those. The only time I have someone within 30 ft of me is when I go with a friend. So no, I don't have to worry about the bay next to me.

USSA is really quite nice. Wish it was in my back yard.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issue I take with your statement is that if we allow the opposition to redefine words and phrases at will, then there is no point to debating them or trying to discuss at all.

I don’t make a huge deal about it, but there is a correct term. And the media and high profile leftists saying so doesn’t make it so.
Joe Bob 27year NRA member isn’t the opposition

Latest posts

Top Bottom