Is there any group of people more grumpy, sour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one in Mannford was nice. During the covid when you had to make a 2 month advance appointment for a DL
We went there as they were taking walk-ins. They even opened 45 minutes early on Saturday morning to accommodate
the people.
Guarantee the ones in Tulsa would never do that.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The two tag agencies here in Shawnee are miserable. The north side agency wasn't bad until this last year. I guess the plague/real ID combo turned them sour.

When I had to get my DL renewed last month the only place around here that I could get into even with an appointment was the Mize Tag Agency in Earlsboro.

I was very surprised at how friendly, helpful, and professional the the staff was there. It's also is in a nice newer building located on Highway 9 just a little bit east of 9A North.

I will be using them for all my tag agency needs even though it is a few miles farther away, and I highly recommend them to anyone in this area.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mustang tag agency is where I now go and have for 10+ years.
Great people and they have raffle tickets they sell for guns for fund raisers sometimes right on the counter.

The gentleman that works there or owns the place noticed I had old vehicles and asked me if I had some time to wait on my tag.
I said yes no hurry and he came back with a tag for the 47 Dodge truck with 47 on it.
Did the same for my 57 Chevy.

Another tag agency I went to had lots of smiling faces and I went often usually every month.
One gal there was super helpful with my odd tag stuff.
I would go to the donut store in the mornings sometimes and get a dozen assorted donuts and take in there for them.

Older ladies love a guy with a box of donuts.

I went in with my wife once and there were other people there waiting and the lady that always helped me looked at me
and said OH NO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED IN HERE!
Everyone looked at me like I was a crook or something then thee employees there started laughing.
Gotta mess with people to lighten the mood ya know.

Good people at both of the tag agencies I used for decades.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where you can go and get a drivers license without getting in line at 5am?
You can do it online now. We were closing on our house and my wife’s was out of date. The software is designed to use an iPhone pic. We did all that but there must have been a problem because they used her old pic. No big deal though, we just need a current one for the closing

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You can do it online now. We were closing on our house and my wife’s was out of date. The software is designed to use an iPhone pic. We did all that but there must have been a problem because they used her old pic. No big deal though, we just need a current one for the closing
I tried the online thing for my DL renewal and after I paid for it I got a message saying I had to wait up to thirty days for a response.

My DL was expiring in a week so I went ahead and got one the old fashioned way. Still waiting on my $40 refund from the State.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I used to think that, but the one in Edmond off Santa Fe and 2nd Street has these two folks that make it a fun experience. Guy and gal. They will give each other hell while working and always seem to be friendly.

I walked in once and there were like 2 people in the building. I said "wow, it's not crazy busy" He came back with "Bomb threats work my man". I laughed so hard I couldn't talk.

Anyway, that seems to be the friendly place I've gone since living here.

this is who I use too. Good people and he has waived some fees and penalties on occasion. The dark haired guy is the owners son. He and his wife were always on some adventure. The scuba dived, sky dived, skied etc. she passed away after hitting a tree while skiing about 5-6 years ago. Pretty sad time as I had gotten to know them over the years

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried the online thing for my DL renewal and after I paid for it I got a message saying I had to wait up to thirty days for a response.

My DL was expiring in a week so I went ahead and got one the old fashioned way. Still waiting on my $40 refund from the State.
The state thanks you for the $40 donation... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom