Is there anyone here stupid enough to do this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Couple points:

Cycling the compressor (as mentioned earlier) will not hurt it.

"Maintaining" a temperature is more efficient than letting it heat, cooling, repeat. Just the same as cruise on a highway gets better mpg than slowing, speeding, constantly. However, your A/C shouldn't be running constantly to maintain your temperature. If it is, you either have it set WAY cold (not saying you shouldn't do that), or your house desperately needs insulation, windows, doors etc updated.

Our house was built in 1975, has new windows and doors, but not additional insulation. It does not run constantly mid-day to keep 75* in the house.

All that said, I don't want one of these on my house either.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Couple points:

Cycling the compressor (as mentioned earlier) will not hurt it.

"Maintaining" a temperature is more efficient than letting it heat, cooling, repeat. Just the same as cruise on a highway gets better mpg than slowing, speeding, constantly. However, your A/C shouldn't be running constantly to maintain your temperature. If it is, you either have it set WAY cold (not saying you shouldn't do that), or your house desperately needs insulation, windows, doors etc updated.

Our house was built in 1975, has new windows and doors, but not additional insulation. It does not run constantly mid-day to keep 75* in the house.

All that said, I don't want one of these on my house either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom