Is there Dr in the house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totslly understand. I have had 30 heart procedures of all sorts and 32 stents. I know what the fear is all about. I take Restoril when I can't sleep. It tends to help get your cycle of sleep back. I have taken ambian but it knocks me out too much. I also take xanax to get through the anxiety attacks. It works like a dream. Anti depressants can also be important because the act of being depressed and anxious releases hormones that are bad for your heart. Just remember you are not alone and the fear is real. If you are not happy with your doctors get a new one. I have the best. I have gone through many of them and the doctors I have had at OU Med Center have been the best so far. They really care.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After last "cardiac event" I can't sleep.
It happened in my sleep woke me up heart was bazerk again.
Got all new meds has not happened again but I can't sleep.
I lay in bed freaked out. Not slept in so long my eyes actually hurt and are blurry.
What you guys use to sleep

Well man I am insomniac of amazing levels. I have recently gone 4 days with less than 4 hours of sleep. It's enough to LITERALLY make you crazy. It's miserable. Problem is that I am not a drug person. I have been in the past and have learned that no matter what the Dr. says it does, my body turns it into something else.
Soooooo, I have found one thing that works. Not all the time for me, but I am a different case. They are called "midnites", all natural and will KNOCK YOU OUT!!! Take them as directed and be where you can be horizontal comfortably in 20 minutes!

http://www.midnitesleep.com/

1911GI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What cardiac event woke you up? Did your ICD fire?

Several times. Kept going into v-tach or v-fib .
Not I lay down to sleep and tiniest feeling in my chest I freak and end up standing by bed taking pulse and blood pressure.

Get all settled down and it happens again.

Part of it is pain meds they make me wired but if I don't take them pain in leg will curl me into a ball so tight I an afraid it will cause a Quantum Singularity and destroy the solar system (Someone would definitely sue me for that)

Dr going to try different meds for angsiaty

greenbeetle

Marksman
Reaction score
Some people report more PVCs and arrhythmias when they lay on their left side. I think when we lay on our left our heart is closer to our chest wall and we are more aware of what it is doing. If you lay on your left, have you tried a different position so you are not as aware of your heart at night?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MP you don't want to "heath ledger" yourself. Don't listen to anyone's advice except a trained medical professional who is familiar with your case.

Considering the rate of deaths from both wrongfully and rightfully prescribed medications...

Why waste good anesthetic when meth is so much more effective.

If you're willing to entertain non legal options you could always try a few puffs of weed.

I would of course run that past your doctor first.

This. Another reason to support SB 573.

Latest posts

Top Bottom