Is this shiny enough for YOU? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
alh3.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TMxrf8RDaUI_AAAAAAAAEXw_MLyb_AKODv4_s640_2010_10_30_2013.30.47.jpg

You definitely got a mirror finish to it, looks like a 2003-ish F150 behind you.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I'm not nit picking, and since you are blasting it maybe that is the reason, but I can still see lines in the surface, shiny is good, but you need to have smooth before you go to shiny....

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll may remember that on July 4th of this year, it was pretty rainy in OKC. I decided to fuss around with my GP100, so I got out the Mother's Mag Polish and started in. Got it looking rather nice, but I had trouble getting my fat finger into the nooks and crannies around the rear sight.

Not to worry, sez I. I'll just get my Dremel.

Good news, bad news. Good was that the stainless buffed up to a near-mirror finish. Bad news is that the hand-ppolished parts were not as nice. Ended up polishing the entire gun! Looks almost like a shiny nickel finish. (The Dremel and a bit of Flitz or Mother's will also spiff up the front of the cylinder nicely.)

ai577.photobucket.com_albums_ss214_JagDrvr_Guns_100_0816.jpg

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I'm not nit picking, and since you are blasting it maybe that is the reason, but I can still see lines in the surface, shiny is good, but you need to have smooth before you go to shiny....

Agreed. I think the key is, next time to wet sand it starting around 400 or so, and going up to 2000 or so, THEN buffing it.

Ya'll may remember that on July 4th of this year, it was pretty rainy in OKC. I decided to fuss around with my GP100, so I got out the Mother's Mag Polish and started in. Got it looking rather nice, but I had trouble getting my fat finger into the nooks and crannies around the rear sight.

Not to worry, sez I. I'll just get my Dremel.

Good news, bad news. Good was that the stainless buffed up to a near-mirror finish. Bad news is that the hand-ppolished parts were not as nice. Ended up polishing the entire gun! Looks almost like a shiny nickel finish. (The Dremel and a bit of Flitz or Mother's will also spiff up the front of the cylinder nicely.)

ai577.photobucket.com_albums_ss214_JagDrvr_Guns_100_0816.jpg

Looks good!

It's later....... Where's the rest of the pics?

My guess is a flame job.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

alh4.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TMzAUjxdYsI_AAAAAAAAEYI_ZvvUYXhe9fU_s640_2010_10_30_2020.02.10.jpg

alh3.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TMzAejmEBGI_AAAAAAAAEYM_OWd0W5j8GIU_s640_2010_10_30_2020.01.32.jpg

alh3.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TMzAx1urLOI_AAAAAAAAEYU_OFQeuJGVseM_s640_2010_10_30_2020.01.01.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom