Is this shiny enough for YOU? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbazabba73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AWESOME!!!!!!!!! freeakin AWESOME! when can i get it, when can i get it! like a kid in a candy store! dude that rocks, only problem is, im gonna have to make a flamed holster for it now!! awesome!

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
alh3.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TMzAx1urLOI_AAAAAAAAEYU_OFQeuJGVseM_s640_2010_10_30_2020.01.01.jpg

not bad, spanky.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
love the flames.... traxxis, I gotta springfield uc that would look nice with that.... shoot me some ideas man...
Hmmm... how about a ups symbol??? ;) depends on what you like. :)
not bad, spanky.
I just wanna be like Mike!
except that it's a Para
The quality showed on parts of the frame and a few others.
Love it! Do you think one could do something like this with a polishing bit on a drimell tool?

I'm sure it can, but I don't even own a dremel!

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. I think the key is, next time to wet sand it starting around 400 or so, and going up to 2000 or so, THEN buffing it.

That is what I do to on knife blades. The key to removing scratches is changing the direction of sanding by 90 degrees each time you change grit so you are sanding across the scratches from the previous grit. That could prove to be tought on a 1911 slide without rounding the flats a bit. I bet you could come upt with a ficture to hold the slide.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is what I do to on knife blades. The key to removing scratches is changing the direction of sanding by 90 degrees each time you change grit so you are sanding across the scratches from the previous grit. That could prove to be tought on a 1911 slide without rounding the flats a bit. I bet you could come upt with a ficture to hold the slide.

Very nice Stan!!

I would use a surface plate, or flat surface for 1911 flats, would preserve the edges and allow you to go any direction....

Latest posts

Top Bottom