Is this the same case as the BP Buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really nothing other than the grand theft, criminal tresspassing and a basic disreguard for another dudes stuff.

I am not into "canned" hunts but I see this as the same as some guy jumping a fence to shoot a prized bull or horse.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really nothing other than the grand theft, criminal tresspassing and a basic disreguard for another dudes stuff.

I am not into "canned" hunts but I see this as the same as some guy jumping a fence to shoot a prized bull or horse.

I agree, I don't see the draw on the canned hunts but some people do and there's some big money in it. That deer was someone's property and it was wrong for him to kill it. It's too bad the kid had to let a moment of stupidity end his hunting priviledges for life.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in no way going to condone what this guy did but......

What is the difference, other than the theft, between this guy shooting this deer to satisfy his ego and the owner leading out one of this bucks offspring out on a rope for some other jackass to shoot for the ego satisfying fee of $10,000 or so?

I don't know about this guy, and his operation, but I do know that these bucks are not eligible for B&C scoring, and they register the DNA with them.

I've never been on one, but do know some of the people that pay the big bucks for these have to hunt them in TX on 100,000+ acre ranches. with no pens, fences, other than a perimiter fence, etc.

They don't lead them out on a rope.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about this guy, and his operation, but I do know that these bucks are not eligible for B&C scoring, and they register the DNA with them.

I've never been on one, but do know some of the people that pay the big bucks for these have to hunt them in TX on 100,000+ acre ranches. with no pens, fences, other than a perimiter fence, etc.

And they hunt out of 20' blinds mounted on a duece n a half driving around the ranch with full bar service.

Like I stated, What the guy did is wrong in so many ways. When he stated that he did it because of his ego, it just reminded me of all of the people that go on canned hunts. Its not huntin any more than catchin farm raised trophy bass out of a kiddie pool is fishin. If someone wants a "trophy" then hunt and by all means don't steal a pet deer and shoot it.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

more like an invisible rope....my buddy and i always say what you don't see on camera is the flat bed that just drove threw with the feed dumping out on both sides....or is it coincident that the texas ranch deer just like following those old lease looking roads :scratch: :D

but i would admit if i was that type of guy and had the money and spent that kind of cash to go to one of those hunts i best be guranteed something steps out worth trophy size.....

but to the asshat that killed the deer, i say tell him he one an all expense paid safari hunt. when he gets there spray him with lion "in heat" scent and dump his butt out with just a swiss army knife, tell him to meet back in a month with a dead lion and he can have his license back....make him work for it :)

:yelclap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom