Is Walmart an appropriate destination for a date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is Walmart an appropriate destination for a date?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, would a stop by the jewelry counter get a different reaction from you?????

Of course, I'm probably still in trouble because I guess I don't get the "Foursquare" reference in the original post. So far, I've found it to be like a search feature or to a court house and jail.

Nope, not even close, a "date" is more than just time together. Going out and running errands can be a fun time and a great way to just get time together but that's not a date. A date is a special event, that doesn't have to be extravagant, but it does have to be special. It can be a movie, a dinner out, a drive through the country, a fishing trip...lots of different things but a trip to Walmart is shopping, which can be fun, but a date is not one.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look, Wal-Mart can be a date. If you dress up, (that means remove your pajamas and put on real clothes) maybe get a McDonald's burger (if she's special, she can have fries, too), and look at nice stuff you can use one day when you share a trailer/apt, whatever.

If you start setting her expectations high on a date, Lord knows what she'll want if you tie the knot.
(to the OP, you must've started out right, since y'all are still hitting WM and Quizno's, you do know how to set the bar!)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excuse me!!! it was a Movie followed by quizno's, Then to wally world ...THAT ..is Offically A Date.... ;)

I.E. movie , eat , entertainment.... (or boolit gathering)...YUP thats a date ...wanna see a pic of my boat, too

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, not even close, a "date" is more than just time together. Going out and running errands can be a fun time and a great way to just get time together but that's not a date. A date is a special event, that doesn't have to be extravagant, but it does have to be special. It can be a movie, a dinner out, a drive through the country, a fishing trip...lots of different things but a trip to Walmart is shopping, which can be fun, but a date is not one.

We rarely shop together, so I think it counts as a special event.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im pretty freaking pissed at walmart. My gf and I went to walmart about a week ago and the ammo counter guy was the biggest walmart airhead I've had the pleasure of meeting. My gf forgot her ID so she couldnt buy ammo (we are young twenties, so its understandable). BUT the guy told me I couldnt buy ammo either even though I had MY ID!!!! Then he was asking if we were together, who we are buying it for, etc. Felt like I was filling out a verbal form 4473 just to buy some 9mm.

Turns out it was his first day behind the counter and he didn't know anything about guns... go figure. Anyway the manager and I usually chat it up at the counter a couple times a week so she ok'd me and the gf to get ammo since she was familiar with me.

Seems like he was trying to treat an ammo sale like a alcohol or tobacco sale.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do not go to wally world, but we did go to Academy, Atwood's, Hancock, and Hobby Lobby after the 'early bird' special at Texas Road House and then stopped at Sonic for half price shakes before going home to watch 'Longmire'. Now THAT's a date. :kiss:

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh? Date? No. I can see a certain romance in doing normal errand stuff with your significant other but, to call a trip to wally world a date is straight hillbilly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom