Istanbul Drill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From Suarez.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSuarezGroup/posts/1292817247500675

It strikes me that extreme care should be exercised if this drill is used. Not only is it fraught with legal problems (to put it mildly!!) but keep in mind what happened in Belgium in one of their recent terrorist attacks. I refer to the 'dead man's switch'.

Best leave this one alone, I'd think.

What does anyone else say?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I personally have no issues on termination with extreme prejudice. Goes right along with the old two to the body and one to the head philosophy. Ensuring you are trained in both identification of potential suicide bombers and delivering head shots at distance would seem to be key. Realistically, even in combat there is little to no way to identify a bomber from 50 yards, so even if you have your trusty M4 trained on him or her, determine the potential for collateral damage and engage, there must be an ingrained thought process that delineates between body shots that render the attacker neutralized and reduce the risk of collateral damage or a headshot that may or may not hit the intended target at distance and striking a non-combatant. If identified at say a distance of 10 yards, do you perform the same set of risk assessment procedures, dive to cover for your life or engage the adversary IOT kill? If the wrong decision is made, BOOM and **** will fly everywhere. Good luck with this one.... I just hope and pray it never has to happen in the first place.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally have no issues on termination with extreme prejudice. Goes right along with the old two to the body and one to the head philosophy. Ensuring you are trained in both identification of potential suicide bombers and delivering head shots at distance would seem to be key. Realistically, even in combat there is little to no way to identify a bomber from 50 yards, so even if you have your trusty M4 trained on him or her, determine the potential for collateral damage and engage, there must be an ingrained thought process that delineates between body shots that render the attacker neutralized and reduce the risk of collateral damage or a headshot that may or may not hit the intended target at distance and striking a non-combatant. If identified at say a distance of 10 yards, do you perform the same set of risk assessment procedures, dive to cover for your life or engage the adversary IOT kill? If the wrong decision is made, BOOM and **** will fly everywhere. Good luck with this one.... I just hope and pray it never has to happen in the first place.
My issue is when these things are posted, people with not training think they can do this. Truth is, unless you have vast experience in combat, you're more likely to kill yourself or someone else.
This is Special forces type training and very few people can make that cut.
In my case, under that type of stress, even if I trained on an occasional weekend, I'd fail miserably.
If I did get a hit, it would be my foot and not the head/neck of the threat.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gabe Suarez has a flowchart of "killing". He teaches a class on how to get away with killing someone within the law.

I can't believe people keep following the dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom