It Doesn’t Cost A Thing To Be Nice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to run out to my daughter’s house to do a project and play with one of my grand-dogs a little. Got thirsty and saw a Toco Bell so I pulled into the drive-thru and ordered a large unsweetened tea. When I got to the window, the lady said “no charge, you sounded nice and not everyone coming through today has been nice”. I thanked her and I’m now sitting on the covered patio by my daughter’s pool, watching this silly dog chase butterflies, and enjoying the tea.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome! I try to remember that most people have real struggles and if I can take a second to make eye contact and hold the door for them, greet them, or otherwise acknowledge them as a fellow human being deserving of acknowledgement, it may just be the pivot point they needed for that day. I know if I happen to be in a low spot and feeling especially stressed or depressed, it is often the smallest things from a stranger that snaps me out of it.

I try especially hard for people working retail, food service, or customer service. Having been in those roles in prior lives, I understand how the bitchy people can really pile on and make a day pretty unbearable.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to run out to my daughter’s house to do a project and play with one of my grand-dogs a little. Got thirsty and saw a Toco Bell so I pulled into the drive-thru and ordered a large unsweetened tea. When I got to the window, the lady said “no charge, you sounded nice and not everyone coming through today has been nice”. I thanked her and I’m now sitting on the covered patio by my daughter’s pool, watching this silly dog chase butterflies, and enjoying the tea.

You are a great Gent! I enjoyed visiting with ya! Cool on free Tea!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I went to a restaurant this evening for supper. As we were walking towards the door, a family of 5 were also walking up. Their youngest boy (maybe 4 or 5) ran forward and opened the door for everyone. Although he probably opened it for his family, he also looked at us as well.

We told them to go on in and I switched off holding the door so he could go on in with his family. I then stepped in and their other son was holding the inside door, so I thanked both loud enough to hear and said that they were good gentlemen. Mom was appreciative of my comment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom