It Doesn’t Cost A Thing To Be Nice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually it does cost you a lot to be nice. Being nice is highly overrated. Being nice is what got this country in the mess it's in.

I USED to be nice to a fault. Really. I was EVERYBODY'S doormat. Now I don't care. You set the terms. If you've been disrespectful to me you've earned what you get. A few OGs here (and a few who are gone now) who got an earful from me and those bastards earned it. I lost absolutely no sleep over any of those interactions. In fact, I have slept with a smile on my face every night since. If I'd been a man they would have NEVER tried the **** with me they did ... Because every one of them (only a handful of fellas) is a ******* pussy ...

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually it does cost you a lot to be nice. Being nice is highly overrated. Being nice is what got this country in the mess it's in.

I USED to be nice to a fault. Really. I was EVERYBODY'S doormat. Now I don't care. You set the terms. If you've been disrespectful to me you've earned what you get. A few OGs here (and a few who are gone now) who got an earful from me and those bastards earned it. I lost absolutely no sleep over any of those interactions. In fact, I have slept with a smile on my face every night since. If I'd been a man they would have NEVER tried the **** with me they did ... Because every one of them (only a handful of fellas) is a ******* pussy ...
Being nice != being a doormat. One of my grandmothers exemplified this.

On another note, people who remain nice when angry are terrifying..

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being nice != being a doormat. One of my grandmothers exemplified this.

On another note, people who remain nice when angry are terrifying..
One of my very first grown up jobs was working with an awesome set of gentlemen that all had been Rangers (IIRC) during Vietnam. As a startup operating on the thinnest margins to get a foothold in the auto recovery industry, sometimes stuff gets intense in a business sense and in a physical sense if one of the repo guys isnt real happy with how we handled something.

The more tense things got, the more relaxed and collected they seemed. It was definitely an incredible thing to see how they gained focus as things got further and further out of control. If you pulled your weight and were respectful, they were the kindest and most genuine men I have ever worked with but you could tell they were capable of going somewhere most of us didnt even know existed if the situation called for it.

I worked there over 15 years ago and I still keep in touch with one of them now that he has retired.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m nice 98% of the time. I’ve been called a doormat. You should realize though that even the doormat has a limited capacity to hold dirt. Occasionally that dirt gets shaken out. I’ve reaped the blessings a thousand times over for being nice. Even in my police officer days I was nice. Nothing says you can’t be nice even when you gotta take care of business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom