It Doesn’t Cost A Thing To Be Nice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet those folks are making more than minimum wage....
If a server at a restaurant or bar is making minimum wage after tips, they need to find a better way to spend their time. They are either in a crummy establishment for tips or they arent very good at their job.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the irony is they were most likely pissed at their job and were giving away free things as a way to get back, ie being a bad employee.

they will likely be fired when the manager sees the video. not even joking.
Having been an individual contributor and a manager in both retail and food service, I have never seen that happen.

I hope you take this in the constructive nature it is intended, but I have gathered that you have a very difficult time seeing anything positive about anything. My wife would be the first to say I am not what most would consider an optimist but not everything is negative or stacked against you, or unfair, or designed to exclude you, or unjust. Most of the time we create our own opportunities for life to be fair, just, or rewarding and that cannot happen if we only focus on every little **** hair of negative we can dredge up.

You have brought some valuable perspectives to many of the discussions around here and I definitely am not trying to put you down or in a box, but man just lighten up a little bit from time to time. I have found that when life is getting really heavy and I cannot seem to catch a break, it is because I am not leaving any room for positive things to happen.

Just my .02.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't matter you take a minimun wage job you still do your best.. at least that's what i taught my kids and my parents taught me!!

In the Louis L'Amour western books, he would occasionally have his main character make a reference to "working for the brand." Basically, that meant that if he took the rancher's money, he was to give the rancher a good day's work. If it ever got to where one wasn't happy with his job or his boss, then he could just quit and go elsewhere rather than take the money and not give their best.

Loyalty to the brand was important.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was about to graduate from high school, 1965, my grandfather told me to try to learn something from everyone I met. And that with some folks what you learn is that you don’t want to be like them.

Sure enough, that advice has served me well, and I have found some of those that he mentioned…

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my way to work one morning I 40 stopped for doing 90. Officer got a big smile and jolly good morning. Quick conversation and he told me to keep it under 85. You know I was nice and also received nice.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the Louis L'Amour western books, he would occasionally have his main character make a reference to "working for the brand." Basically, that meant that if he took the rancher's money, he was to give the rancher a good day's work. If it ever got to where one wasn't happy with his job or his boss, then he could just quit and go elsewhere rather than take the money and not give their best.

Loyalty to the brand was important.

L'Amour wrote fiction, no?

Not that it's a bad ideal, but loyalty works both ways.

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
L'Amour wrote fiction, no?

Not that it's a bad ideal, but loyalty works both ways.
One of the earliest life lessons I was taught/told "Throughout life, you will find many things that you can't receive from others unless you first demonstrate that you possess and will offer to give....loyalty, respect, honor, honesty, friendship and love. Nobody likes a one way street."

Latest posts

Top Bottom