It never fails.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it every time you think you arr starting to see daylight, something happens that is gonna cost you? Finally had our credit cards payed down and the Rav4 gets a major oil leak. Happened on my birthday too. :P

Took it to Absolute Auto here in Edmond and it is going to cost at least $1250. Maybe more. At least we have enough room on a credit card thanks in large part to you guys.

Oh and @dlbleak Absolute has moved from Waterloo and is not down in Edmond.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just in case anyone feels generous I have a few bills I could use help with, too... PM me for details.

anim_coffee.gif

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$1250 to fix a major oil leak? thats the kinda birthday present i can get behind. the last time i dealt with a "major" leak, it was considerably higher than $1250. good for absolute auto being reasonable. ill look into them next time i need work done
Yea I was happy too. It is a gasket for the oil pump he believes on first inspection but he has to disassemble a lot of stuff to get to it. That price includes a new timing belt and water pump since he has to remove those anyway.

Yes Durwood 🤣 recommended them and so far I am liking him.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I was happy too. It is a gasket for the oil pump he believes on first inspection but he has to disassemble a lot of stuff to get to it. That price includes a new timing belt and water pump since he has to remove those anyway.

Yes Durwood 🤣 recommended them and so far I am liking him.
Do you mean timing belt or serpentine belt? I thought RAV4’s have timing chains (except for the early ones in the 90’s)

Latest posts

Top Bottom