It Will Never Happen Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
eMail received ...... Not Verified!"This past July, we had the pleasure of sharing a summer barbecue with a refugee from Cuba . Our dinner conversation was starkly different than most.

This refugee came to the United States as a young boy in the early 1960s. His family was more fortunate than most as they were able to bring a suitcase and $100 when they fled Castro's newly formed revolutionary paradise.

Our dinner consisted of all-American fare: hamburgers, potato salad, watermelon and fresh ears of sweet corn. This is a menu shared with family and friends nationwide, while celebrating the birth of our beloved America on the Fourth of July.

We began with a simple discussion about our country and the direction it has taken since Barack Obama came to power. We shared the usual complaints aout the sour economy and liberal social engineering emanating from the rulers in Washington .

But then he said it. The sentence came naturally. I assume it was unplanned.
But it carried the weight of a freight train.

"You know when Castro took power, none of us knew he was a Communist."

We sat stunned. He continued, "Yes, we all thought he was a patriot, a nationalist. Before the revolution he didn't sound like a radical."

The comparison at this point was easy, and I interjected, "You mean just like Barack Obama?"

He responded, "Yes, just like Barack Obama."

He continued, "We were all shocked as the government just continued to grab more power. First they said the revolution is over, so please turn in your guns. We all complied."

"I remember my uncle saying after it started, 'Castro will only nationalize some of the big industries, he will never come and take our family hardware store.' But that is exactly what happened, Castro started with the sugar mills and the large industries, but they eventually came and knocked on the door of our family hardware store. My family had run this store for generations.

They said we now own the hardware store, you work for us. And that nice, large four-bedroom home you own, it is now our property also, and you can move yourself and five children into two rooms of the house because others are moving in with you."

The lesson learned from this discussion is a lesson most Americans refuse to hear. Political leaders can lie about their agenda and once in office they can take totally unexpected turns.

If you had asked us three years ago if we thought General Motors would be nationalized, we would have never believed it. We could never contemplate a country where the rule of law, the most fundamental building block of a justice society would be evaporating just like it did in Castro's Cuba in the early 1960s.

But the news of injustice keeps increasing. Black Panthers are not charged with wrongdoing by the U.S. Department of Justice because their crimes are against whites.

The bondholders of GM are stripped of their assets without due process by the government. Governmental leaders are bribed in full daylight only to have all investigation of the crimes stifled by the Attorney General.

The U.S. borders are overrun with crime and illegal activity and the leaders in D.C. act as if it is important to protect the lawbreakers while the innocent are killed and overrun. When local communities attempt to enforce the law, they are ridiculed and threatened as racists and bigots. They are sued by the very administration entrusted with enforcing the law.

Without the rule of law the U.S. Constitution is a sham. Without the rule of law our beloved America is swiftly becoming a country where only the well connected and politically powerful will be safe. As Michelle Malkin has so eloquently explained in her recent book, a culture of corruption has replaced honest government.

The only way this problem will be fixed is by massive citizen action.All honest citizens that want to be treated equally must come together and demand that the favoritism, the bribes, the uneven enforcement of law end now.
And yes, it can happen here.

A year ago I made the statement that "I didn't believe the President knows what he is doing." My friend said "Oh yes he does". Back then I didn't know what she meant. Today I realize she was right. He does know exactly what he is doing.*"

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm waiting for it to happen here. What more could obama do to show the world how mighty he, than to take away America's gun rights. After he is re-elected, we'll find out.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be tried here. I don't know when or on who's watch? Obama is anti gun but then you have all the RINOs out there that I think are just as capable. Good ol Arnold signed some ammo legislation if I remember correctly. People need to get out of the mindset set of "oh, they are republican so the are for gun rights".

I agree that the NRA has done things to hurt the cause. They have done good things but my biggest gripe is the phrase "sporting purposes". It totally steers away from the second ammendment. Owning guns are a right that has nothing to do with "sporting purposes". And the term raises the question "What do you need an AK for? Or anything .50 caliber?". So if you can't justify it under this term you shouldn't own it. And here the argument begins. And saying 3 gun is a sport is always stirs up a mess. Liberals don't care why you have an AR 15 and a Glock and they would quickly argue they are not for sporting purposes.

I could see things here in America happening exactly the same way as this article. People on here talk about check points, the TSA and all the antiterrorist laws and a lot of people say "Well, I am not a terrorist" or "I have nothing to hide" well I am sure you don't but as a gun owner you could be classified as a terrorist or a right wing extremist. Is this the way it will happen? I don't know but my point is our rights are eroding away one by one and they have a pretty good start on gun laws. It will be like everything else. Well no one needs a machine gun, ok I understand that. No one needs a 50 caliber Barrett, ok makes sense. No one needs a semi auto rifle with a high capacity magazine, well maybe not that is dangerous. No one needs a semi auto pistol, kids could carry them into schools. And so on. I think people would do exactly like the article says. Well, I don't have a Barrett I don't care, machine gun, etc til it is too late. This article proves we shouldn't give an inch and actually need some of our rights back.

I agree with Pinkhamr's post. But getting a Republican in office may not be the end of our gun woes. A lot of pressure is coming from the UN and globalists for us to get in line with banning small arms.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Republicans for gun rights?

Yeah... weren't we literally promised that Mary Fallin would sign our open carry rights into law in Oklahoma if she defeated Brad Henry?

Yet... amazingly once she was placed in office, our legislature failed to provide her the opportunity to do that, in spite of passing that law and nearly overturning the veto only last year. Quite a coincidence how that worked out, isn't it? lol

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It will be tried here. I don't know when or on who's watch? Obama is anti gun but then you have all the RINOs out there that I think are just as capable. Good ol Arnold signed some ammo legislation if I remember correctly. People need to get out of the mindset set of "oh, they are republican so the are for gun rights".

I agree that the NRA has done things to hurt the cause. They have done good things but my biggest gripe is the phrase "sporting purposes". It totally steers away from the second ammendment. Owning guns are a right that has nothing to do with "sporting purposes". And the term raises the question "What do you need an AK for? Or anything .50 caliber?". So if you can't justify it under this term you shouldn't own it. And here the argument begins. And saying 3 gun is a sport is always stirs up a mess. Liberals don't care why you have an AR 15 and a Glock and they would quickly argue they are not for sporting purposes.

I could see things here in America happening exactly the same way as this article. People on here talk about check points, the TSA and all the antiterrorist laws and a lot of people say "Well, I am not a terrorist" or "I have nothing to hide" well I am sure you don't but as a gun owner you could be classified as a terrorist or a right wing extremist. Is this the way it will happen? I don't know but my point is our rights are eroding away one by one and they have a pretty good start on gun laws. It will be like everything else. Well no one needs a machine gun, ok I understand that. No one needs a 50 caliber Barrett, ok makes sense. No one needs a semi auto rifle with a high capacity magazine, well maybe not that is dangerous. No one needs a semi auto pistol, kids could carry them into schools. And so on. I think people would do exactly like the article says. Well, I don't have a Barrett I don't care, machine gun, etc til it is too late. This article proves we shouldn't give an inch and actually need some of our rights back.

I agree with Pinkhamr's post. But getting a Republican in office may not be the end of our gun woes. A lot of pressure is coming from the UN and globalists for us to get in line with banning small arms.

No one needs more than a 10 rd magazine - California

I think it's going to happen sooner rather than later, I think laws are going to be broken to accomplish this, as long as obama is occupying the White House they will try anything. How will it happen? Who knows, but the UN loves taking our money, why not our guns, yeah, that will never happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom