Its a year later, and nothing has changed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yet not one of them was industrious enough to climb the damn tree and get the fruit for themselves, but instead played ball while waiting for a handout from God?

hmmmm.....

Yeah, that's the problem with talking about a situation that you have no knowledge of. The tree was on private property next door and happened to have a branch that hung over where we were playing (we were in the back playground of a local Baptist Mission).

Most of the people who have anything over there put walls up and don't share.

Its definitely not like it is over here. When I see someone homeless over here, its hard for me to have pity on them (especially after being in Haiti), but there is plenty of opportunity to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and you have inalienable rights that (even though our last several presidents have chipped away at them) still provide you with some humanitarian protection against a corrupt government (to some degree).

Over there, I saw teenagers that were raised literally on the streets with no education (all of the schools in the area I was in were private and even the working-class parents could barely afford it). Their parents could have died from any number of things.

Since they couldn't read/write, there was little for them to do other than basic labor jobs. Fun fact, if you injure yourself on the job over there, you will probably die (no medicine, no insurance, no affordable doctors, no ambulances, no work for one-armed people). There is little booming industry over in Haiti, so you have to "know someone" to even get the minimalist of jobs.

If you don't, you don't work.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, do we as taxpayers have to subsidize this corruption?
I don't want to. I work for my money. I have big issues about those that don't.
Some people need aid. Haiti has proved that they are not worthy of aid.

In reality it is even worse than that. We give them billions that we borrow from the Chinese with interest.
We may be hurting them, preventing them from getting their a$$ in gear and fixing their country by providing freebies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom