It's Coming: Fear the Walking Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See, you will be completely disadvantaged when the zombie apocalypse happens. Better run right down to the hardware store for a pair. They are great if you need to cut off a piece of chain, or a stripped bolt, or cut the hasp of a lock you lost the key too.

I must confess that I'm not loving this series. I don't know if it the forced scripting, heading toward a goal or what. What was the Mom's plan when she snuck beyond the fence. I thought she was heading for the house with the flashing light, but as we see in the final moments the residents are shot up, apperently by the Army. Did she at least pick up the pistol that was laying in the street by the dead guy? Not one zombie moment in this whole episode.

How come, in shows like these, everyone owns bolt cutters? Did I miss something in my introduction to adulthood since I don't own any?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've already said it once but i'll say it again. We all know exactly what is coming so I think thats why people aren't digging it. They aren't doing things we think they should because we have seen what The Walking Dead group would do or has done. Let it play out. So far I think its a great show. I'm hoping the addict kid will be the first killed.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree with you about the drug addict, he has seen the walking dead where most people have not had the chance yet, but he still refuses to try to get clean. To me, he is just looking for a place to die, so I hope the Army grants him his wish.

I've already said it once but i'll say it again. We all know exactly what is coming so I think thats why people aren't digging it. They aren't doing things we think they should because we have seen what The Walking Dead group would do or has done. Let it play out. So far I think its a great show. I'm hoping the addict kid will be the first killed.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You have said it before, and it certainly is true that being the second to try at something means that a little of the shine is missing. But, no, that is not the main issue with FtWD. The main issue is crappy script writing to date and sloppy, even silly, characterization. Even if I "know" (or think I do) what they should be doing, I can accept lots of variances because, well it would be one of the few accurately described unprecendented events. However, these folks don't even seem to be acting like thinking humans. The characters are hollow and the situations are shallow. That isn't all attributable to audience expectation, the writers get to share the blame.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have said it before, and it certainly is true that being the second to try at something means that a little of the shine is missing. But, no, that is not the main issue with FtWD. The main issue is crappy script writing to date and sloppy, even silly, characterization. Even if I "know" (or think I do) what they should be doing, I can accept lots of variances because, well it would be one of the few accurately described unprecendented events. However, these folks don't even seem to be acting like thinking humans. The characters are hollow and the situations are shallow. That isn't all attributable to audience expectation, the writers get to share the blame.
I guess we will agree to disagree. So far I think the show is being pretty accurate on how things would go. Some are seeing it for what it is....others think the gov will save them....others are curious and branching out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree with you. I'm underwhelmed with the characters, but, as you say, part of that is that we KNOW what to expect, and what we think we would do in that situation. We have to remember that 1). these characters are not "gun' people and probably don't have the level of threat awareness that many of us do; 2). who really believes in zombies? They may just think it is a disease that attacks the brain and causes people to go psychotic. For example, in the earlier episodes, I'm sure many of you were frustrated seeing the cops shoot the zombies repeatedly in the body. However, they don't know that a headshot is the kill shot. So, after years of the Walking Dead in which the characters get the "rules of survival" in the post-apocalyptic world, we are easily frustrated by characters who just "don't get it." (Why the Hell didn't she pick up that Beretta 92?) It doesn't help that the characters are not particularly likable or engaging. I'm giving it time because I like these kind of shows.

Esoog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I catch it live I do the storysync and by seeing the trailer for next week, I want to believe it will start to pick up... With only 2 more episodes this season, they need to set the hook!

Have to remember, this is LA. I feel it is pretty close to what would happen for the sheeple, rioting and looting. Not for survival, just to steal and destroy things. Having nothing on hand to survive with and waiting for the government to save them. Would have to think most of the gun people would be out in the dead zone with the attitude of You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom