It's pretty obvious who's going to win the Heisman...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU turns the ball over 5 times and, even with Klein, K-State barely wins. So, you think without him, they still win? There's no logic to that.

K-State has a solid team and a great coach. But, without their clear leader, they are just a good team. A "just" good team rarely wins the Big 12.

Stupid arguement, anyway. Opinion is not worth much.

To the point of the thread, I think most really good quarterbacks are more important to their teams than any other player. They simply have more impact on the game by virtue of the number of plays they are involved in. That doesn't mean they are necessarily the best player on the team.

I think Heisman should be about the best player. That poses a big problem. There's no way to determine who is the best player. The media makes the decision.

Frankly, I would like to see more defensive players and linemen win. But, I have a hard time seeing anyone being a better "college" player than Kevin Klein. He's no flash in the pan, he's athletic, smart and tough. And, he's damn sure not a wuss.

And, yes, I did watch it.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd happily say that to most any QB. Exceptions are Brett Favre, Dante Culpepper, Blake Bell.

Oh. My. God. Seriously? Blake Bell comes in to run Collin Klein's play about 3 times a game - usually at the goal line. Klein runs that play multiple times per game, from any point on the field. Lumping Bell in with Favre and Culpepper is ridiculous.

The guy is a benefactor of large size and excellent goal line blocking. Nothing more.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a reason why its mostly qbs and rbs. Regardless of what anyone says, they CLEARLY have the most impact on the teams performance. Take T'eo out off the Notre Dame team and maybe a team hits a few more big plays, maybe a team or two sustain more drives and pull out a victory here or there.

Take away a star QB, especially a dual threat one, or a star running back? You have a completely different team. Alabama doesn't have a superstar on defense and don't have much of a pass rush, but they work as a team to scheme and we all see how they play on defense. But what would their record be without AJ McCarron or Eddie Lacy? McCarron brought them back against LSU and was a major part of their comeback against Georgia. Lacy pretty much single handedly beat Georgia in the second half. Bama would easily have at least 3 losses if it weren't for those two. Would Notre Dame have 3 losses without T'eo? Highly doubtful.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the same account, McCarron brought them back against A&M only to kill it by throwing a pick in the endzone. Live and die by the QB.

I guess you could say a defensive player had the greatest impact on that game as well too, though, by jumping offsides on 4th down and giving the ball back to A&M to run the clock out...

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me make it clear, Quarterbacks are evil primadonnas who hog the glory and overshadow the guys who really win the games for their teams.

I agree with this. With the exception of Klein. That kid is tough as hell and I've never seen him slide. Take out the protective QB slide and see how many of them are that valuable to their team. Most will start throwing the "incomplete pass" or "intentional grounding" instead of trying to get the yards for their team. It's football, man up. On the OP context, I feel T'eo should win the Heisman. Also, I am an OU fan and how the hell does OU get brought into this topic? If this was a post of which team sucked it up the most this year....Bazinga...they are in!

Latest posts

Top Bottom