Jack Reacher Series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a couple episodes of the new Jack Reacher series on Amazon Prime last night. They definitely need some better firearm experts. They said 95 grain 9mm was subsonic. I almost turned it off right then.

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks these shows could be a little more authentic.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have read all of the Reacher books, and just haven't had the time yet to watch any of the episodes. That sort of "error" is hard to take, but TV writers seem to have very little interest in getting facts, firearm or any other topic, correct. I will watch, and just shake my head when things get presented incorrectly.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I watched the entire new series and was very disappointed. I haven't read the books either.

The 95 grain subsonic thing jumped out at me also but that isn't as bad as the overall 'meh' feeling I was left with from the series.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t care for the books. I only read two. Don’t think I’ll care for the series, but I assume it’s better than anything with Tom cruise.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a couple episodes of the new Jack Reacher series on Amazon Prime last night. They definitely need some better firearm experts. They said 95 grain 9mm was subsonic. I almost turned it off right then.

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks these shows could be a little more authentic.

There were a few Hollywood gun what the what moments like that. I caught the 95gn subsonic bs right away. I was scratching my head but the movies always gets things messed up. I haven’t read any of the books but did enjoy the movies. I binge watched this entire season yesterday and enjoyed it. It was a good flick. Hope they make more.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't watched the Reacher series yet, but I did see the star on Adam Carolla's show on YouTube a day or two back. He said he didn't really know much about the series or character when he went for the part, but after he got it, he read the first one and became a fan, going on to read all 24 books in about eight months. He said they're planning on doing a book per season, so it sounds like they might've already green-lit more seasons.

FWIW, Jack Carr seems to be happy with how Amazon is handling turning The Terminal List into a series. He says there are differences between the novels and the series because of the differences in storytelling in a visual medium, but he knew that going in, so he was prepared for it.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, I liked it. If you've read the book, there's a lot to try and swallow from a british writer trying to write about american culture, military etc. You can;t go into this series, or most anything from Hollywood, expecting accuracy. I like the guy they cast, much more accurate to the book than Cruise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom