Jack Reacher Series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only person I saw with anything near a southern accent was the female officer.

They could have written the script better.

The scenes where he was describing his observations were far too in depth and length for just an investigator. It was like he was investigator and forensics scientist without the computers and test equipment.
but, but , but he's................................Jack Ryan!!

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a couple episodes of the new Jack Reacher series on Amazon Prime last night. They definitely need some better firearm experts. They said 95 grain 9mm was subsonic. I almost turned it off right then.

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks these shows could be a little more authentic.

I was just glad Reacher was a big ass beast, as in the novels, rather than that dwarf Bomb Cruise. I gave up on content creators knowing anything about firearms a few decades ago. Its a good show, be thankful it's not a crossdresser dressed as a unicorn who "identifies" as a man.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, I liked it. If you've read the book, there's a lot to try and swallow from a british writer trying to write about american culture, military etc. You can;t go into this series, or most anything from Hollywood, expecting accuracy. I like the guy they cast, much more accurate to the book than Cruise.
What is this "book" thing you speak of?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, the 380 acp is regarded as a 9mm. It is also called 9mm Kurz, 9mm browning court, (also called a 9mm Browning) was introduced in 1908 by Colt as a self defense weapon. A 95 gr bullet at subsonic speeds has to be a 380.

The show may suck (never watched it) but that was not a screw up.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, the 380 acp is regarded as a 9mm. It is also called 9mm Kurz, 9mm browning court, (also called a 9mm Browning) was introduced in 1908 by Colt as a self defense weapon. A 95 gr bullet at subsonic speeds has to be a 380.

The show may suck (never watched it) but that was not a screw up.
Many of us gun nuts know 380 as 9 short. But for the vast majority of US citizens we hear 9mm we automatically think 9 Luger / Parabellum. For them to say 9mm coming from a US Army Major that can be confusing. Definitely a euro American translation glitch that should have been changed to 380.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of us gun nuts know 380 as 9 short. But for the vast majority of US citizens we hear 9mm we automatically think 9 Luger / Parabellum. For them to say 9mm coming from a US Army Major that can be confusing. Definitely a euro American translation glitch that should have been changed to 380.
Yep they should have been more specific as there are several 9mm rounds out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom