Jack Reacher Series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it sucked, all the firearms mistakes drove me nuts , the way the younger bad guy held the ar while talking about the rhino he killed especially . obviously never shouldered a rifle in his life, not to mention it was set in Georgia and not one southern accent in the bunch

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a couple episodes of the new Jack Reacher series on Amazon Prime last night. They definitely need some better firearm experts. They said 95 grain 9mm was subsonic. I almost turned it off right then.

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks these shows could be a little more authentic.

The 95 gr. deal stuck out to me too. If he had said 147gr., I wouldn't have thought about it. My wife had read all the books but, I hadn't. When the little deputy gal got in the shower with him, I asked the wife "Who is going to watch the door". Then a second later Reacher ask the gal "Who is going to watch the door?" So, we got a laugh out of that. We liked it ok. There isn't much on TV worth watching anyway.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched season 1 straight through. Found it low budget but entertaining. The most disappointing program I've watched was the Without Remorse movie. I doubt Clancy would have recognized it.
I had been waiting decades to have the Tom Clancy book Without Remorse made into a movie. That was an extreme let down.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I tried to watch it but she hated the profanity which was really too much. I could take it but she couldn't so "we" changed the channel. I liked the fight scenes.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched the first two episodes tonight, and I've enjoyed what I've seen so far. Yeah, they screwed up the part about the subsonic load, but that's about a second out of two hours (so far). I know "details matter," but I can let a trivial error like that slide as long as the show is entertaining enough, and so far, it is.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only person I saw with anything near a southern accent was the female officer.

They could have written the script better.

The scenes where he was describing his observations were far too in depth and length for just an investigator. It was like he was investigator and forensics scientist without the computers and test equipment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom