Japanese & Native Americans among hundreds protesting detainment of migrant children at Fort Sill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Protestors are making the "concentration camps" comparison again ala AOC. Remember when Ft. Sill was being used by Obama(2014) for the same purpose?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ng-plan-detain-migrant-children-fort-n1032001
Japanese Americans among hundreds protesting plan to detain migrant children at Fort Sill
July 20, 2019, 4:22 PM CDT
By Nicole Acevedo

&

https://oklahoman.com/article/56367...t-sill-to-oppose-federal-immigration-policies
Protesters march on Fort Sill to oppose federal immigration policies
by Carmen Forman
Published: Sat, July 20, 2019 4:59 PM
Updated: Sat, July 20, 2019 5:00 PM

..."Taking part in the protest were more than a dozen local and national groups, including members of Native American tribes, Black Lives Matter Oklahoma City, the Oklahoma branch of the American Civil Liberties Union, Dream Action Oklahoma, a grassroots group of Japanese Americans called Tsuru for Solidarity and more than two dozen Buddhist priests from across the country.'...

&

FROM OVER A MONTH AGO

https://truthout.org/articles/nationwide-demonstrations-announced-to-protest-immigrant-detention-centers/
Nationwide Demonstrations Announced to Protest Immigrant
Detention Centers

By Jake Johnson, Common Dreams
Published June 29, 2019

“They are the byproduct of an intentional strategy by the Trump administration to terrorize immigrant communities and criminalize immigration—from imprisoning children in inhumane conditions to threatening widespread raids to break up families to covering up reports of immigrants dying in U.S. custody and abuses by ICE and CBP agents.”

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Conditions at Fort Sill are much better than they are at the ICE camps on the border. Can't these Buddhists Japanese and Native "americans" go back to their own countries and gripe about things over there?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like that "children" of any age or nationality are having to be housed, in any level of condition, but I have no suggestion for how they should be handled.

I think that's the argument between the two sides, but both sides of the media is pitting us all against each other to drive ratings as usual. I hate that kids are being housed too, but I also have no suggestions.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suggest that their parents, for the most part, might consider not breaking the law. If they don't break the law, they won't find themselves seeing their kids in this situation. Novel idea huh; obey the law and thus your kids stay out of detention facilities?

I don't think President Trump is making anyone cross the border into the US illegally; is he?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Conditions at Fort Sill are much better than they are at the ICE camps on the border. Can't these Buddhists Japanese and Native "americans" go back to their own countries and gripe about things over there?

I'd contribute $5.00 to the Homeward Bound program to help fund their safe travels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom