Jeep TJ Death Wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are several things that haven't been touched on, as I've helped people with this issue before.
If your front spring and shackle bushings are worn replace them, second, take it to a shop that can check your tires for being out for round, don't laugh, you'd be surprised, and have them road force balanced, and if they take large amounts of weights to balance them reject the tire and get a new one. And finally, check the front diff/axle housing spring perch for cracks.
TJs don’t have shackles, probably why they haven’t been touched on.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are several things that haven't been touched on, as I've helped people with this issue before.
If your front spring and shackle bushings are worn replace them, second, take it to a shop that can check your tires for being out for round, don't laugh, you'd be surprised, and have them road force balanced, and if they take large amounts of weights to balance them reject the tire and get a new one. And finally, check the front diff/axle housing spring perch for cracks.
It's an 04. No spring or shackle bushings in a linked suspension.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Aren't there jeep forums that would more helpful?
There's some of us here that have jeeps though :) If I spent money for an off road place to fix my death wobble and they didn't, I would have kept bringing it back lol. I've honestly never a had a vehicle with death wobble that we didn't figure out pretty quickly what the problem was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom