Jim Inhofe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need to raise the voting age to 30 and property owners only. Can't/won't invest in America then get the hell out.
Let the moochers suck off the Gov't teat but have no say in how it's run.

Being a property owners has nothing to do with this kind of voting i will agree with you when it comes to school bond or something that raises property taxes but this no. I dont own property but not a moocher either i have worked for 47 + years to have everything i have and never took a dollar from the government. so your philosophy dont hold water.

Put me in the same boat with rickm. More than once, I've discussed the nonsensical idea of only property owners being able to vote. I started going to the field (farming) when I was 14 and had a motor scooter for transportation. I retired when I was 68, so that makes it 54 years that I worked prior to retirement. While I have been a property owner in the past, I have to profess that not everyone wants to own property that ties them down. Some like to rent so that they can move on in their careers.

And, just because I can be a b*tt, kindly tell me how much property a fellow has to own to be able to vote? The wife and I do own property, but it is in the form of burial sites, which likely won't ever be used because we have done the "whole body" donation option.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the original Greek Democracy only men with property could vote. That turned out to work pretty well.
In our own early history, even po white people couldn’t do it.
Some folks were only a third of a person and they got counted that way in terms of representation, even though they didn’t have any say in it.
Then we let the women in and everybody knows they have all those hormones going on.
Hell in a hand basket.
That’s where we’re going and how we’re going there.
All this voting.
If we didn’t have all this voting we wouldn’t have all these problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom