Judge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Popularity does not automatically equal practicality and applicability...in fact it often equals the opposite.

Lot's folks buy it because it's a novelty. IMHO, anyone that thinks .410 is a viable self defense round is very misinformed...might be good in a pinch, but why choose a less than optimal round when far better alternatives are available for the same money and quality of manufacture?

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

Well I have seen what 5 .32 cal sized slugs from the 3" 000 buck magnum handgun loads does to an OKC phone book at 25 feet and that was just one pull of the trigger. Five pulls of the trigger did more damage to that book than 15 rounds of 9mm sd ever could. I guess I can say that I would not want to go up against somebody in a room in my house when they have the Judge 3" mag loaded with 410 000 buck handgun loads and I only have my 9mm.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25yd S&W group
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y171_hipowersandhandguns_Ammunition_SWM64targ25yd1.jpg

25yd Judge group w/ 45LC
awww.gunblast.com_images_Taurus_UltraLiteJudge_DSC01855.jpg

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why even bring 45lc into this discussion? I have also noticed the good "at rest" position you were using to fire those shots. Let me know how that "at rest" works when you are firing at someone meanig to do harm to you. Why is it that we all agree that the best sd weapon is a shot gun, why, because of the amount of lead it throws down range, not its acuracy.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have seen what 5 .32 cal sized slugs from the 3" 000 buck magnum handgun loads does to an OKC phone book at 25 feet and that was just one pull of the trigger. Five pulls of the trigger did more damage to that book than 15 rounds of 9mm sd ever could. I guess I can say that I would not want to go up against somebody in a room in my house when they have the Judge 3" mag loaded with 410 000 buck handgun loads and I only have my 9mm.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm attacked by a paper phonebook. :thumb:

Penetration is key...and from what I've seen .410 buckshot balls just don't. Tearing up paper is not the same as penetrating human body tissue and bone in order to cause damage to internal organs etc....

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why even bring 45lc into this discussion? I have also noticed the good "at rest" position you were using to fire those shots. Let me know how that "at rest" works when you are firing at someone meanig to do harm to you. Why is it that we all agree that the best sd weapon is a shot gun, why, because of the amount of lead it throws down range, not its acuracy.
quinn shoots from a ransom rest

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm attacked by a paper phonebook. :thumb:

Penetration is key...and from what I've seen .410 buckshot balls just don't. Tearing up paper is not the same as penetrating human body tissue and bone in order to cause damage to internal organs etc....

5 .32 cal 410 000 buckshot copper jacketed travelling at 1200+ fps went much further through an OKC phone book at 25ft than Winchester JHP 9mm sd rounds out of a 3.9 inch barrel SIG 239.

By the way pretty good shooting with the S&W, I ccw the exact same gun, but I use the Judge at my bedside (in fact 3 Judges at my bedside) as a quick response weapon getting me to under my bed for the shotty. (I would keep the shotty under the pillow, but my wife keep hitting the butt). In the dark of my own bedroom, shooting at an intruder, I will use what throws the most lead. I would never use a gun that shoots a single round and hope I guessed the BG's position If you don't have a shotty for back up, I would highly recommend it.

leadfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would never use a gun that shoots a single round and hope I guessed the BG's position .[/QUOTE]

I think that for instance, if some had a G21 with one of those lights mounted on it, they could illuminate the bad guy and hit him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom