Just feeding my buddy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another outside house guest!

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_105043211_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230811_105043211_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems I have a bunch of these orb spiders in the corner of my back yard. I counted 8 last night. I'm fighting my instinct to murder them all with my painful spider spray.

I pull up 'orb spider' on wiki to make sure my family is safe and in the description there is this little tidbit.

"In 2009, workers at a Baltimore wastewater treatment plant called for help to deal with over 100 million orb-weaver spiders, living in a community that managed to spin a phenomenal web that covered some 4 acres of a building, with spider densities in some areas reaching 35,176 spiders per cubic meter.[16]"

So what in the actual f**k?? I wouldn't ever sleep again if I came up on something like that. I'm hoping I don't have nightmares after reading the story.

I'll be monitoring their population closely. If they get too prolific, they'll be getting the spray.

20230827_073845.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My big one out in the chicken run disappeared. Still have one right by the back door to the back porch that's busy as ever. She gets lots of bugs.

At one time I was very afraid of spiders. Hated 'em. When I moved to my first rural home in NE there wasn't any sense to be afraid of them because they were everywhere. I just left the alone and the left me alone. Now I'm kinda fascinated by them. We have no shortage here on the Corgi ranch.

I just hate walking face first thru an orb weaver web at night...

Latest posts

Top Bottom