Found another dog, most likely dumped - German Shepherd female - cannot keep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a Shepherd rescue
No chip. No tag. Appears to be a full blood German Shepherd. Purple collar. Found at the Jones Cemetery where people tend to dump dogs.

Vet says she is about 3 years old. Very good with people. Friendly to my dog but he immediately attacked her as he’s becoming more territorial as he ages. She just ran from him, didn’t show any aggression. Very gentle, will eat out of your hand slowly with the softest mouth.

She was skittish at first but jumped in the car as soon as I opened the door. The vet and guys at the convenience store were able to walk right up and pet her in the car.

I absolutely cannot keep her. Just couldn’t leave her out there to starve or get run over.

She’s outside loose right now. Doesn’t run away. She is laying in the car with the doors open. Jumps right in the car and sits down in the front seat or back. Will move around in the car with barely a touch. Seems very smart and calm like most German shepherds.

Please let me know if anyone would like to give her a good home.
There is a Shepherd rescue 918-928-9944 or [email protected]

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a Shepherd rescue

There is a Shepherd rescue 918-928-9944 or [email protected]
Yes I’ve contacted at them. Since she’s a stray she would have to spend a period of time at the shelter in case her owners come looking. Also they have so many hoops to jump through and red tape. Really hoping I can save everyone some trouble and find a good owner for her myself.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I’ve contacted at them. Since she’s a stray she would have to spend a period of time at the shelter in case her owners come looking. Also they have so many hoops to jump through and red tape. Really hoping I can save everyone some trouble and find a good owner for her myself.
I have a female pure breed myself...very good, loyal dogs. I wish I could take her but I can't...thx for picking her up. I've done it too, we all seem to have when our turn comes up LOL.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done it too, we all seem to have when our turn comes up LOL.

Yep. Years ago, a fellow forum member posted an ad for a black mixed breed male needing to be placed in a new home. The dog was 10 months old and too rambunctious for his special needs kids. I agreed to take in the dog.

He turned out to be the best dog I ever had. Cancer took him too soon.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I could convince my wife I’d take the pup.

Here's how...You bring the pup in to meet her and say, guess who moved in with us....

I have eight dogs here, seven are picked ups just as this one, please some one take her I cry every time I read this...

I so much do something for the new parents...

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is how these conversations have played out in our house in the past (the "me" and "wife" comments could be reversed on any given day):

Me: Look at this sweet dog that needs a home.
Wife: Oh, HELL no. We DO NOT need another dog. NO!
Me: What's gonna happen to her?
Wife: I don't know. But we can't afford another dog. We don't have room, we can't afford more vet bills and food bills.
Me: You're right.
Wife: NO! We can't. We have too many dogs already.
Me: I know. I'm agreeing with you.
Wife: I just hate it that we can't save all of them.
Me: Me, too.
Wife: Fine. What're we gonna name her.
Me: (Dials number in ad) We'll think of something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom