Found another dog, most likely dumped - German Shepherd female - cannot keep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’re gonna have to teach me how to get these dogs to answer the phone. My Draht is entirely too dumb to pull it off, and I’m pretty sure our golden is too, in spite of him being a bonafide registered and trained therapy dog.
Funny. My dog listens when I get a call to see if he knows the person. But he’s neurotic. He started that because people would call then I would go open the gate.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to make an ad for her on Craigslist in a bit. Not fun because you have to really work hard to shut down the idiots and freaks that will immediately try to take the dog. But she is the easiest dog I’ve ever dealt with in my life. Not sure if it’s possible for a dog to be better. Can’t believe someone would dump this dog. So peaceful, patient and obedient.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent out the messages. Haven’t heard back. I’m not certain they are qualified to own a dog. It’s my opinion that if they can’t answer my questions, they probably shouldn’t have this dog.

That sucks. I already have a bunch of dogs, with a couple more on the way, otherwise I’d take her, bushels of shed hair and all.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They may be out of your way, but we've heard good things about a couple of shelters out in Yukon and Mustang. The one in Yukon is called "Pets and People" (I think) and the one in Mustang is called something like "The Mustang Animal Shelter" and is just off of SW 59th street and just west of Wildhorse Park. Supposedly, the one in Mustang also uses the foster system until they find a permanent home for the animals.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They may be out of your way, but we've heard good things about a couple of shelters out in Yukon and Mustang. The one in Yukon is called "Pets and People" (I think) and the one in Mustang is called something like "The Mustang Animal Shelter" and is just off of SW 59th street and just west of Wildhorse Park. Supposedly, the one in Mustang also uses the foster system until they find a permanent home for the animals.
Ok. Thats an option. I just want to see her go straight to her forever home if possible. I’ll try for a week or so to find someone right for her and then maybe try those places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom